cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicate HR Org Model from SAP ECC into SAP CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

We want to replicate HR Organizational Model from SAP ECC into SAP CRM.

Please guide me on the steps to achieve this requirement.

Please note that we do not have any Sales process here and so there is no Sales Org Structure.

Cheers

RJ

SAP CRM 7 EhP 1

SAP ECC 6.0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue now.

In CRM, BP replicating from ECC pickups the same number(of ECC) from the number range : 1 to 399999.

In SAP HR, Our Employees have the Personnel No starting from 1 to 9999.

My understanding is that Personnel No of HR Employee will become the BP Number in CRM when replicated.

If this is case, I have a problem here with respect to number range.

Please advise on overcoming this issue.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remo,

Please read on for issue cause and probable solution:

Issue: Employees are created as BP on CRM but with a different number range from HR.

Cause: System is set to use existing BP number range in CRM even while creating employees.(Your BP's might also be using the same range which I think is an external in your case, please correct me if I am wrong)

You are correct that employees need to be created with the same number as in HR but there is a configuration step for this, which may be missing.

Solution:

1. Create an external number range in CRM for employees only, prefixing that number range with 2 alphabets say HR or AB.

2. This now needs to be assigned in table t77s0 (HRALX-PSUBG) as an extenal option (HRALX-PNUMB).

(Hit F1 on value filed for HRALX-PNUMB and read on the options for using internal/external ranges)

This should solve your problem, if issue persists please do revert on this message.

All the best !

Regards

Varun Taneja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun.

Yes. We have External Number Range in CRM.

As I said earlier, In SAP HR, Our Employees have the Personnel No starting from 1 to 9999.

So you mean we should define a new number range in BP with HR1 to HR9999 ?

Also I got confused in Start No Range. Should I have to use HR0001 or HR1 while defining no range ?

What about the Org ?

Should we also define a specific number range for it ?

Is there any mapping required in any table such as T77S0 ?

Please advise.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remo,

Lets take it point by point:

1.So you mean we should define a new number range in BP with HR1 to HR9999 ?

Also I got confused in Start No Range. Should I have to use HR0001 or HR1 while defining no range ?

>> As I mentioned earlier if you hit F1 key on Value field for HRALX-PNUMB, there you get all the options for number range maintenance. Value 3 is for an external range.

>> The first two digits of the number range interval have to be letters (business

partner numbers comprise 10 digits) - so you can maintain an external no. range say ZE for employees as HR00000000 to HR99999999 and create a grouping of the same name ZE.

>> Now, this grouping needs to be assigned as the value in table t77s0 for HRALX-PSUBG alongwith value 3 for HRALX-PNUMB.

2. What about the Org ? Should we also define a specific number range for it ?

Yes you can have a separate number range for Org Units as well (internal or external as per requirement). This way your BP number range for customers/prospects also stays separate.

3.Is there any mapping required in any table such as T77S0 ?

Yes mapping is required in table t77so as I mentioned in point1. Moreover, if you are creating separate range for org units, then also you need to the required mapping.

All the best !

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I am configuring as per C05 document and I am at point for "Generating the Partner Profiles(SAP ERP)"

But had a question that should I have to create Ports and Partner Profiles ?

In which document I can find the steps for these.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remo,

I haven't created them anytime. The ports and partner profiles are generated automatically the first time when configuring the system.

Regards

Varun Taneja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Data replication from HR system to CRM happen in form of IDoc.

There is some specific setup need to define between two system based on which data transfer can be executed through IDoc.

There is one SAP best practice "C05_CRM HR Integration Setup" in this document it contain all the setup detail which need to configure betwwen HR and CRM system.

http://help.sap.com/bp_crmv12007/CRM_DE/BBLibrary/html/C05_EN_DE.htm

With Regards

Ankush Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankush.

This set up helps for 1 time initial replication or it also takes care of Delta update on ECC to flow into SAP CRM ?

Moreover, this set up needs to done in each System meaning DEV, Quality and Production of CRM/ECC ?  Or we have to transport the Model replicated into DEV CRM to higher level systems.

Please advise and I appreciate your help.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data Replication from HR to CRM happen through transaction code "PFAL" in HR system and when ever there is change in data it need to downloaded manually.

You need to define this setup in all the system manually because there is assignment of CRM system and lcient which will get vary in all the other system.

With Regards

Ankush Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

So my understanding here is that, after the C05 Set Up, we need to run PFAL for initial replication from HR to CRM.  And whenever there is change in HR Org, we need to run this again to push the data from ECC to CRM.

But can we change the replicated data in CRM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once data is downloaded in CRm then till some extended modification is allowed. Like Assignment of employee to Sales area, marking it as service OR marketing org. etc....

With Regards

Ankush Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Once the initial Organizational Structure and Employee Master data has been transferred to SAP CRM, thereafter changes made to this data are only allowed in SAP ERP and have to be distributed to SAP CRM regularly

2) background job Mention in C05 Document will select all "Change Pointers" for Message Type HRMD_ABA created when HR Master Data (Org. Unit, Job, Position and Employee) and Org. Structure is created or changed in SAP ERP System.

Regards,,

Vaibhav Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remo,

1. According to the document, we need to run PFAL two times, any changes in HR data will flow automatically from ECC to CRM.

2. Program Name for tracking all changes in HR is RBDMIDOC. A background job needs to be scheduled for this program to bring all delta changes from ECC to CRM. If you do not, do this you will have to run the program RBDMIDOC manually but its always better to schedule the same as mentioned.

PS: I had problems running PFAL according to the steps mentioned in the document. Lots of iDocs were received in errror as segemtents of data went into lock state.However, this happened in my current project only and not in the previous one.

If you face such a situation, it would help if you run PFAL in batches for each infotype and object type. I had to do the same as 2 step process was not working for me !

All the best !

Regards

Varun