cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro ABAP Personalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I want to personalize a web dynpro Application.

The goal is at allow each user save his or her theme and other user specific settings through a pop up window, the settings will apply only to the user for all subsequent session. 

Thanks

Ben.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes personalization can be done through context menu.

If there is a table displayed as ALV then you have the option to save variants also and set default variants for a particular user.

-Manish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194739
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Personalization(P13N): Different users can access same application with different settings. Providing user specific settings for an application is known as personalization.

To enable P13N, use standard parameter: SAP_CONFIG_MODE = TRUE in URL after '?'.

With personalization, use we can make following changes

1. Changing labels, titles, texts etc.

2. Hiding fields.

3. reset the fields to default.

Intimate the end user to login to that application, as developer access his desktop remotely then in URL after '?' provide the sap_config_mode = true, the right click current application any field and do the settings( select the required fields and hide the fields, change text...)

To reset previous configuration, right click again, go to configuration settings, choose the reset of fields( In left side).

Thanks,

Abbas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

And all others who took time to answer , thanks for your tips,

I think I had better rephrase my question so I can get the right help:

First let me say what I know

1.     I know that I can enter  some of the parameters in the url e.g

?WDSUPPORTSFULLHEIGHT=2&WDTHEMEROOT=sap_highcont&sap-language=DE

2.     I also know  that I can right click on  the favorite of the Application  and  set the parameters there,

screen,

Now my question or Requirement

The users do not have both options, so a pup up should be created that will give the users the possibility to choose or change some settings at will.

But I am stuck with looking for a way to program it in a way that that application will recognize it , Are there API’s for this?

If yes can someone point me in the right direction?

A good example will be personalizing the themes?

Thanks

Ben.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Refer below link

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8238

Regards,

Amol Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..in SAP Webdynpro, it is possible for the users to hide / display fields or make any personalozations by right clicking on any UI element on the view. They can see an option  called 'Settings'.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhulika,

Thanks,

I know that,
but what I want it to use explicit personalization to save something like theme
through a pup up window.

Ben