cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD_GLOBAL_SETTING - Override setting in application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we have made a setting using WD_GLOBAL_SETTING is it then possible to override this in our Web Dynpro application? In our case it is WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION we have set but now a couple of applications need the personalization functionality. I have tried setting WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION= as application parameter and removing tick in WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION on application configuration but without luck.

Br Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS that will overwrite the application parameters.

If you want to activate personalization you need to remove global settings and then disable explicitly for the applications.

-Manish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so conclusion is that I can't override a setting made in WD_GLOBAL_SETTINGS. This is a shame because in our case it is only a couple of applications where we want to enable personalization so would have been a lot easier to disable personalization once and then only enable for a couple

As you say maybe it is a bug or at least a design flaw

former_member533584
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure how you are checking , But we can override the global settings with application parameters.. I did that in couple of applications and it worked also .

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the same what your requirement is and it didnt work for me also.

This document might be of some help

http://www.nicx.co.uk/attachments/File/Webdynpro_Parameters.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, interesting. I couldn't get it to work. Which netweaver version are you on and can you also do it for the personalization parameter? I mean I need to use &WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION=<nothing> so I'm guessing it is because I don't set it to anything that it doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

URL parameter in this case won't work, that is documented. You will have to set the parameter either in a WD configuration or in the WD application parameters. But in this case, as I wrote, the parameter if set to blank is treated as if it didn't exist when merging with the global settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I also did it using the configuration and as wd app param but as you said and as I expected it is the blank value that is causing the problem. Annoying...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try to put the value as SPACE or ' ' if that allowed. I am not sure about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interresting, usually you should be able to override global settings.

Debugging method MERGE_DATA of ABAP class CL_WDR_CONFIG_APPL_PARAM it seems that if a setting is not set locally, it won't be merged with the global setting which means that the global one remains set. It might be a conscious decision by SAP but it looks like a bug to me.