Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common EWKF Issue

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a nice mix of problems in the Extractor Framework in our Solman 7.1 SP6 system.

I will post some of them with the hope that someone might know how to resolve them since I've been unlucky finding this information somewhere.

• DL ERROR, this is from the Solution manager system itself:
  • RFC Error

So, when the system was first setup through managed system, we used 000 client, but we have no switched to using the production client instead, but the extractor is still trying to use the 000 client RFC which have been removed. How can I update the extractot with this information?
  • PPMS Modelling is not valid
  • Unknown error in function
  • Infocube not in "real-time mode"
  • Unable to instatiate class

So if anyone have any good tips on how to further troubleshoot each of this problems, that would be very appreciated, and hopefully some more people might find it usefull.

Also, is it possible to manually run an extractor afterwards to see if your change has worked?

Thanks

Tomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After reading all your issue, I could see your SOLMAN_SETUP not done properly.

efwk steps, Bi cubes activation, rfc change configuration are all under the managed system configuration,

hence make sure you not missed any steps under the solman_setup.

if any steps on solman_setup managed system configuration failure, please update with that.

for PPMS issue, i guess there should be SAP note. please check that too.

Thanks

Jansi

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi, I will have a look at the managed system configuration again. For the systems mentioned above, I believe that the managed system configuration has been completed succesfully, however, some setups might need to be re-executed for reasons that i'm not aware of.

I will update this post accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

You can always remove your extractors and execute the steps to initiate them again in solman_setup.

That will get rid of the RFC error.

As for the DL Error.

You will have to go into RSA1 (or maybe you have a BI consultant that can do this for you) and activate 0SM_CCL. This Infocube doesn't get activated during solman_setup steps.

PPMS issue: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/SysMon+FAQ+12

Hope this helps

Regards,

David

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks David,

I already re-executed the extractor step in managed system for one of the systems that i had the RFC error so I will check this later.

Thanks for the additional information about the DL Error and the PPMS issue, very good help indeed.

If anyone knows if it's possible to automatically start the extracting towards a system, I would be intressted to know that as well.

Answers (0)