Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Role Assignment using SECATT in ECC with EHP6 - Role Name parameter not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a script in SECATT for Mass Role Assignment via SU10, upon recording when I create parameters, I don't see "Role Name" parameter. I tried several times creating it, but it doesn't recognizes the Role Name as a parameter.

Can someone help me on this.

SAPLSUID_MAINTENANCE 1100

BDC_OKCODE                     =ACTG
        BDC_SUBSCR                     SAPLSUID_MAINTENANCE
        BDC_CURSOR                     GS_ADDR_OTHERS-COMP_N

SAPLSUID_MAINTENANCE 1100

BDC_OKCODE                     =UPD
        BDC_SUBSCR                     SAPLSUID_MAINTENANCE
        GS_NODE_ROLES_X-ADD            X

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karthik

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, did you parameterise the field through simulation or did you just do it through the editor?

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I tried creating using the button "Create Parameter" in command Interface SU10_1 and navigating the screens under DYNPRO.

hope I have given the information you are looking for.

To throw more light on this, same problem in CRM 7.3 with EHP2 system as well. Also to be specific, fields which are in Address Data & Logon Data tab has no issues, as they are in Text Boxes. But the Parameter Tab & Roles Tab are having multiple ROWS which are creating issues here.

Thanks,

Karthik

Message was edited by: Karthik Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Can someone help to understand, whether I'm doing anything wrong here or its a bug. I followed the same steps which I use to do in earlier SAP versions.

Regards,

Karthik

0 Kudos

Hi Karhik,

Did you ever solve this issue?

I have found the same issue when using LSMW and SU10.  I have found the cause to be a new version of SU10 introduced before ECC6 SAP_BASIS release 731 release 0005, which is my current version.  A colleague on an earlier Basis release of ECC6 does not have an issue with LSMW and SU10.  I have also successfully written many LSMW/SU10 scripts on earlier versions of SAP, and also written LSMW/SU01 scripts on this version.

It appears that the focus is on the reference user, rather than the role name when changing to the roles tab.  With a straightforward recording of adding a role, the script does not include the role assignment.

Regards,

Jeremy

0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I hit this issue just recently. SAP re-wrote these transactions. They use component that is not visible in batch input session. Hence you can not add roles to a user. As a workaround for LSMW you can switch from batch input to BAPI and generate IDocs that will create new users.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi

We have a similar issue when trying to re-use an existing LSMW from an ECC DEV client in a HR DEV client which are on different release levels as the SU01 screens have the User ID field in different locations on the screen.

I knew that LSMW needs to input to exactly the same field every time but now I'm seeing that the X/Y co-ordinates of the field are also seemingly playing their part.

Would using the BAPI and IDOC option in LSMW require actual access to IDOCs in PRD? We have  a very lean PRD security build and I would have to justify having the security team having this access if so... I haven't tried this option so far as a test as I'm a 'lot' reluctant to try it.

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos

Hi,

so LSMW would create an IDoc for each user. You can limit access to iDoc based on partner and message type. So you can restrict admins to accessing only iDocs generated by LSMW.

Cheers

former_member202471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

I believe KBA 1864062 will be helpful to overcome this issue.

Regards,

Felipe Fonseca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

Search for the AGR_NAME(Role name) in the interface SU10_1. Remove the role name which you have entered while recording SU10, and provide a paramater name RoleName without quotes('). You can then Import this parameter.

Regards,

Laxman Gaddam

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.