cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up data replication for MDG co-deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDG expterts,

I'm new to MDG and have one question regarding setting up data replication. Our MDG is NOT deployed as standalone system / master data hub, runs on top of an operational ERP. In the official document from SAP "Configuring Master Data Governance for Material" there are two options for setting up data replication.

For Master Data Governance for Material you have two options for replicating data from the MDG hub to the connected systems and clients:

1. Data replication using Application Link Enabling (ALE)
  2. Data replication using Application Link Enabling (ALE) with the Data Replication Framework

My understanding is, this setting is only required, when MDG material/supplier data are to be replicated to other systems. If we don't want to replicate MDG material/supplier data to other systems, we don't need set up data replication using ALE or ALE with DRF? Is it correct?

Thanks for reply!

best regards

Dingjun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes that is correct.

If you have MDG deployed on top of your operational system, the material will get written to your MARA tables once it is activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy,

thanks for your conformation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dingjun,

You can refer the link  http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/101c9dbb-53cb-2e10-48b2-e253a6fca...

for setting the data replication .

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

thanks for your reply.

I don't ask how to set up data replication, only if I do need to set up it in my case.

suschopr
0 Kudos

Thank you !