cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change List

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I activate my objects in the integration directory they do not appear... instead I have to manually go into the objects and add them to the scenario Manually...

Why does this happen?

How do I fix it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

When you create the objects ( eg : Receievr Determination ), you will have an option called ADD TO SCENARIO while creating the same. Only if you select will it get added to the Corresponding Configuration Scneario autmatically while creating.

Also, another way to always have this by default is to go to the configuration scneario to which you want to add the object , right click on the type of the object ( eg _ Receiver Determination ) and say New. Now the Add to scenario will have the scenario listed by default.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I though it was always defualt... I have never had this issue before...

how do I make it default...

And how can I sort the issue with transports

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

1. If you go to the tab SCENARIOS in your Integration Directory and then if you try to create a New Object under your Configuration Scnenario the Add to Scenario will have the value by Default.

2. If you are trying to create the object under the OBJECT tab , you will have to manually add the same.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think everyone is missing the point...

I have developed the objects under my specific scenario....

Now when I go to activate it... it activates ok... BUT the objects do not appear in the scenario instead I have to go to the objects tab to add it manually....

Why does this happen? Is this something to do with thhe initial installlartion

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

Did you check what I asked you to?

When you create the obejct, you will have the option Add To Scenaio--> Was this containing the Config Scenario when you were creating the object?

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

before activating did u find the object in ur scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

<i>I have developed the objects under my specific scenario....</i> - how are you sure about this thing - are you able to see your object before activation in your scenario.. if not then when you were creating your object, then you have not used the option of add to scenario in the dialog box of creation of object......

but if you are able to see your object before activation in your scenario and after activation your object disappears from your scenario - but it appears in object list and then you have to manually add your obj to your scenario - This is very strange - is this is what is happening in your XI system.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I cannot see my object in the scenario... But when I go to create the object it is specified to add to that particular scenario...

Sorry guys... I am so confused

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when u create an object specify teh scenario for which u r creating and then activate . this wud help in not going for the add step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

now try to create a new object in ID again......When the dialog screen comes for creation of object, then it asks for Add to Scenario - it is a drop-down list ....here select the scenario in which you want to add the object.....

now click create.......

now you will see your object in your scenario before activation......

now complete the making of your object.....save it.......now activate it......now you will see your object in your scenario.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

when you activate an object in ID, then the scenario in which that object is defined or created, in that scenario the object will only appear.....

if you wnat the obj in another scenario, then you will have to manually add it.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this but it is not appearing anywhere... This is my point... I have to add it myself even to the scenario where it was defined...

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is also worth mentioning that when we transport a scenario in via CMS then when we activate these scenarios the objects arent even available in the objects tab... They just simply say they are not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recardo,

while activating, do activation of both obj and scenario, then your obj will be visible in scenario.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev I have done this as well... It is not a normal issue....