cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Web UI new fields and views for ChaRM Request for Change, SOLMAN 7.1 SP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I created a 'customer configuration' view for Request for Change ZMCR.

My new view has few additional fields from the standard list of 'Available Fields', so these are not bespoke fields, they are SAP standard.

Technical details for my ‘customer configuration’ view are:

View:  AIC_CMCR_H/AICCMCRHeaderEF

Object Type: AIC_OB_CMCR

Object Subtype  : ZMCR

Component Usage  : CUAICChangeMH

Component name: AIC_CMCR_H

Page: AICCMCRHEADEREF

Ok, now there are 2 views: first – is default (SAP Standard) and second - is ‘customer configuration’ view I've just created.

The question is: how to make my ‘customer configuration’ view default for my Request for Change ZMCR, so when I create a new RfC I want the new view to be shown instead of the SAP Standard view.

Currently it still showing the SAP standard view 😞

Thanks in advance,

MM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to SM30 and include in table AGS_WORK_CUSTOM an entry like in the attached picture:

If you only have a custom view for ZMCR, you can include only the ZMCR entry. As you can see, field VALUE has the view name concatenated with _ and the name of your transaction type. In field NAME you must include UIC_PROC_TYPE_SPECIFIC_<n> where n is a sequential number.

Check SAP Note 1641712.

Regards,

Raquel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

Thanks for given the sap note, this is kind of new for me, we usually adjust in dno_cust04 tcode, by adding the field CHANGE_REQUEST_NEW as ZMCR, this take the customisation of ZMCR.

or some times with B_USERSTAT auth object.

looking forward to see, how this issue resolved.

Thanks

Jansi

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

inside the codes of the WEB Client UI classes for Request for Change and Change Documents there is a check in this table looking for these entries in order to define if a customer view for an specific transaction type should be shown. In my case I had different customer views that I had to create for my Z transaction types, not only ZMCR but also copies of SMHF, SMCG, SMAD etc.. and for each screen we have a Header view and an Overview view, all customized. The mapping in DNO_CUST04 was already done, so ZMCR and its profiles were being taken, but my different customer view not because I didn't want to use the standard UI view based on document type (CMCR) that SMCR and its copy ZMCR uses by default.

I found this solution before I found the note checking the codes and it solved my problem. At that moment I was using SP4, but the note is still valid and has also a new correction that comes with SP8 and are valid from SP5 to 7 where they improved a little bit the codes. My entries are still working now that this customer has SP7.

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raquel,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. it's working now!

Can you please also advice how I can make additional fields in my ‘customer configuration’ view searcheable in WEB UI ?

These additional fields are from the standard list of 'Available Fields', they are not 'bespoke' fields. Is it possible to make them searcheable?

Please advice.

Best,

MM

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

I'm glad I could help.

Regarding the search: if they are not included in the Search area as available fields, you cannot use them. The class behind the Search screen is different from the class behind the Header/Overview screen, and unfortunately some fields were not included in the Search codes. SAP is aware of some of the fields such as External Reference, Changed At, and I believe they are working on it, but maybe there are other fields that you need. The only way would be enhance the Search screen, but this is not very simple, it's a little bit tricky, you need some knowledge on ABAP and GenIL/BOL to develop for the Web Client.

I suggest you to open an OSS message and explain your need if you believe this is a field that should be searchable. It's important to give them this feedback so they can analyse, and if more customers also need they may work on that.

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Raquel!

Former Member
0 Kudos

MM,

From the technical details above, your customer configuration should be used when you create a new Request For Change. Have you confirmed whether you are creating a ZMCR and not a standard SMCR transaction type RfC? If you are creating a standard SMCR transaction type, check your configuration for default Change Management Transaction type:

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Capabilities (Optional) -> Change Management -> Standard Configuration -> Specify change request transaction type.

There check the value you have assigned to CHANGE_REQUEST_NEW and make sure it is ZMCR.

The other place to look is Copy Control if you creating your RfC from either an Incident or Problem Message as a follow-on document.

Kindest regards

Paul