Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collect IDOCs

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to know outbound IDOC to file interface.

Here, i have collect same data type of IDOC ,for example collect one day IDOCs and trigger at night , so that collect all information and create to single file .

Otherwise,can we trigger IDOC and update the same file ???

If i am choosing choosing collect IDOCs in we20, still  it is creating single messages in PI but i need to be created one message with multiple IDOCs.

Regards,

Deva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are collecting IDoc's based on time, you should use BPM. In BASIS namespace in ESR in namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns check the sample pattern BpmPatternCollectTime. This is exactly as per your requirement. Here is the screenshot of the pattern:

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

You need to set collect IDoc in we20 and set the package size. Also, in the mapping you need to change the occurence from 0 to unbounded.

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi this is vinodh

In SMQ2 how to reprocess the queues, plz can any one guide me regarding this.

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have gone through different methods and taken the best.Still need some clarifications....

1. IDOC --> File Port : Avoided bcz , file generated in ECC which is complex IDOC structure and take time develop, but can easily done. Its a fixed length format file.

2.  BPM ,can easily do but performance issue if i wait until one day to collect all IDOCs

3. IDOC packaging : In PI7.3.1, i couldn't see Idoc packaging in sender IDOC_AAE channel but MultiIDcos in single  message option,i checked it.And, in ECC -we20,i choose Collect IDOC option.

When i am testing, still generating single IDOCs in PI by background job triggered in ECC. Those are not combined into single message.

I need more on mapping portion, i have tried direct IDOC . Can i required to do 0-unbound??

If i use XSD, messages are not coming to PI.

In addition to that i have to use, ( mult-mapping 1:n(4). same multi IDOC Type- 4 different files )

Please advise me.

Regards,

Deva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

how did you solve your problem?

now i have a same one.

please advise me.

thanks and regards

Rene

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene -

Have a look at the below notes from SAP

5) Idoc packaging

Following limitation exist for the functionality:

Only support for integrated configurations (not for classical scenarios)

Only package size can be configured in channel, other parameters (like Maximum package memory and timeout),  need to be configured globally as Messaging System property in NWA

Only support for EO

Packaging is done for idocs received in each node (of a cluster). The order is not considered

In case of failure during delivery of a package, the idocs would be retried individually (may be send with another package with another set of idocs). The TID uniqueness is not guaranteed while resending.

The package size is determined in terms of incoming XIMessages. If payload contains multiple idocs in idocxml it would still be treated as single entry while determining package size.

Also check the SAP note:

Message Packaging in Advanced Adapter Engine

SAP Note Number: 1913972

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

thanks for your prompt reply.

this note is about Idoc packaging in receiver channel, but not sender.

Regards

Rene

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rene,

Atually i avoid collect IDOcs.

IDOC--> File , i configured file update mode at FILE adapter. All IDOCs collected at target file one by one.

Deva

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

Avoiding BPM right design in your case,i would prefer below approches

1)Colelct all IDocs in ECC and write a back ground program to push all IDocs daily once.here you need to change partner profile to collect mode and mention IDoc count.

Then specify IDoc packging number in IDoc sender channel.

No need to change anything in PI like changing IDoc occurence to 1 to unbounded like that,Only thing you need build mapping logic to support multiple IDocs.

2)Dont use collect mode, file receiver end use append mode.

Thanks,

Raj

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would agree with Raja.

- try to avoid BPM.

- specify in ECC the option to "collect IDocs" in we20

- specify a IDoc-Sender-Channel that collect the IDoc

Then you just need some scheduled job in ECC that sends out the collected IDocs at a specific time.

Kind Regards

Stefan

deva_gembali2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using PI7.3.1 and java stack only IDOC_AAE. In sender adapter, there is option multiple idocs to collect single file, so i checked it.

Still, in message mapping , if i use xsd file after changing idoc as 0-unbound , it is not working. Please let me know what approach we have to use in message mapping? xsd or direct idoc ?

Regards,

Deva

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

you have checked the idoc collection option in channel but in ALE config/WE20 you need to mention the number of IDOCS to be collected. But you need to collect the IDOC for whole 1 day and you can do it via BPM.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deva,

You need to create external definition out of the xsd & then can use this external definition as source message type. Create source service interface by selecting the message type as External defintion & select your own ED.

Regards,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

Instead of collecting the IDOC in PI by running BPM/Integration process all through the day, you can achieve by IDOC packaging. Once All the IDOCs are bundled  this will be processed through.

http://scn.sap.com/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

Regards,

Ashish

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

you have a couple of alternatives:

- Building packages: XI:Idoc Message Packages

- Storing in temporary file: Collecting IDocs without using BPM

- Collecting in BPM : IDOCs (Multiple Types) Collection in BPM

/Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PI ,you need to modify the occurrence of IDOC to 0..unbounded.

Steps to change the occurrence in PI:

Export the IDoc to local system ,change the occurrence to 0..unbounded and re import back to PI as an external definition . 

Regards

Venkat

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deva,

You can do this with BPM. The time to collect the IDOCS can be set as 24hrs and so you will get 1 message in PI with all the IDOC data as multiple line items.

But is it feasible??? That you have to decide.

Thanks

Anand