cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load csv file and trigger RFC using RFC adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a simple scenario here. When a csv file arrives in the directory, PI will pick up the file,  route to another directory and also trigger a RFC.

In order to load csv into PI, I have to define a generic service interface to convert csv file into xml format. The sample datatype looks like

<DataRequest xlmns="http://abc.com">

<Content>bla bla</Content>

</DataRequest>

My question is how I can define the Content Conversion in the file sender communication channel? Is there a better way to implement this scenario?

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem here is that you need content conversion for RFC call and file protocoll (no conversion) to transfer the file  - at the same time.

It might be possible to archive the file to your target folder!? If yes, you have an easy solution. Alternatively you can archive it to a temporary folder from which you transfer the file unconverted:

1. Conversion, call of RFC and archive to temporary folder

2. Read and transfer from temporary folder to target folder.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo.

What would be the cleanest way to do the conversion here? Since Rfc params are all constant, I don't need to map any fields from the csv.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chenjun,

Since Rfc params are all constant, I don't need to map any fields from the csv.

that makes things much easier. So you dont need an conversion, just configure 2 receivers with 2 interface determinations. Fill the RFC fields with a non parsing mapping, Java or ABAP (because the source is no valid xml).

If this is too challinging for you, go for the alternative from my first post. It does not matter, how you convert the flat file, because your (message) mapping will have only constants.

/Udo

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188791
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Team,

I have similaar problem ,can any body explain the steps in both ESR and ID to achieve this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can follow the below sap documentation for FCC .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo and Ashish. Your replies are very helpful to me. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chenjun,

You need to transfer the file to the another folder & also trigger the RFC..

Is RFC is going to mapped from source file?

You can create one Integration process with one receive step(for the source file) & one send step to

tranfer the file to another folder.

For triggering RFC you need another send step but before that you need trasnform step to call the message mapping.

Regarding the FCC configuration -

Recordset Name - Records

RecordSet structure - Content,*

Conent.fieldNames - abc, def, ghi

Content.fieldSeparator - ,

ignoreRecordSet - true

Regards,

Ashish