Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see service item in search UI for MDM service Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using MDM catalog 7.02.

I have created new repository for service catalog and selected the Service(MSS) radio button in MDM configuration UI.

I created service item in MDM Data Manager and tried to see this in MDM search UI. It is not visible in MDM search UI.

but if select the Product catalog radio button in configuration UI, it is visible in search UI

I have below doubts:

1. Is it possible to see service item without hierarchy(flat services) in search UI for MDM service catalog ?

2. only hierarchical service can be displayed in service catalog ?

3. Shall we use product catalog to display the flat services or use service catalog. If we use the service catalog, then what is the difference between service catalog and product catalog(We are using product catalog as of now for flat services) ?

Please suggest

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I would like understand the system landscape before answering your questions.

First of all- what is the structure of MDM - Do you have service catalog and product catalog created under 2 different repositories?

Or have you created these 2 main tables (service catalog and product catalog) under one single repository?

From your post - i understand there are 2 different repositories. Please correct if i am wrong.!

What are the associated system ?

Are you trying to create records in MDM and get it displayed over portal site?

• What is MDM search UI --> Are you referring to freeform search functionality within MDM or is it about connected system (portal) ?

I need to get more clarity on this. I understand your eagerness in having these questions answered. Please brief with clarity for more responses.!

We shall ensure resolution to your issue with proper understanding of issue.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir,

here is details for your questions:

1. what is the structure of MDM - Do you have service catalog and product catalog created under 2 different repositories?

yes, I have service catalog and product catalog under two different repositories.

2. have you created these 2 main tables (service catalog and product catalog) under one single repository?

No, i am using two different repositories for product catalog and service catalog.

3. From your post - i understand there are 2 different repositories. Please correct if i am wrong.!

yes, you are correct.

4. Are you trying to create records in MDM and get it displayed over portal site?

Yes, I am creating records in MDM data manager and wants to display these records in MDM search UI which comes after defining the web services (when click on web service)

5. What is MDM search UI
this is default link that we prepare for the repository access when click on this link or access through defining the web services.

http://xxxxxxxxxx:port/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM?sap-locale=EN&HOOK_URL=&mask=&namedSearch=&username=xxusernam... namexxxxxx&server=xxx server IPxxxx&datalanguage=EN

Thanks

Ravi Kant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What are the associated systems ? Is PI intermediate between UI and MDM?

Can you please comment if records are added to Masks table in MDM ,so that they are displayed in catalog?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

response for your questions:

1. What are the associated systems ? Is PI intermediate between UI and MDM?

there is no need of PI to see the catalog items(Records) added in data manager to see in MDM search UI.

2. Can you please comment if records are added to Masks table in MDM ,so that they are displayed in catalog?

I am not using mask and do not want to use mask because I am using the repository for service catalog only. I added service hierarchy items in data manager but not able to see these items in search UI (URL where all records are displayed)

Thanks

Ravi Kant