cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Phases & Decision Points to Initiative after Initiative created w/ a template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can Phases & Decision Points related to an Initiative be added or changed after the Initiative had been created with by way of a template? If yes, what are the steps to facilitate?  Super User activity? or I.T. admin activity?

Using PPM 5.0 w/ no integration to PS.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Justin

I do not think this is possible in the standard. Initiative phases are added automatically for each decision point (which ofcourse in configured). Unlike Items, where phases may be added in afterwards, this does not seem possible for Initiatives.

You can make certain changes to phases and decision points afterwards such as re-naming them, but I assume you already know this

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

Am I to understand that for an Initiative to have Phases & Decision points, it must be derived from an associated Item?   When an Item's Phases & Decision Points are add/del/modified, the changes are reflected at the associated Initiative (dynamically)?

If you have more than one Item associated with an Initiative, is there one Item designated as "primary"? 

Thanks again,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin

No. Definitely not. An Initiative decision point configuration is done under SPRO setting 'Define Initiative Types' and for each Decision Point configured for the Initiative an assocaited phase is created. You cannot manually add new phases in afterwards (for an existing Initiative)

Item Decision point configuration is done independantly under SPRO setting 'Define Portfolio Item Types". If the user then created an Item with reference to the type all Decicion Points configured will appear, BUT no phases as is the case with Inititiatives. In order to get Phases appear for an Item ALL associated cProjects configuration must be completed which includes an association of Item Decisiion Points to cProject Phases. Then only will Item Decicion Point and Phase appear when Item is created. It is possible to add the phases (map the phases) afterwards - so if for example the Item was created with only decision points and the user then afterwards do the decicion point to phases mapping in configuration then then user may, from within the already created Item, update the current Item decicion points to phase mapping.

If an Initiative has multiple Items then the Initiative phases/Decicion points may be different from each of the Item phases/decicion points and none of the Items will be designated as 'Primary' as you put it. It is however possible to do a DFM between Initiative and Item Decicion points statuses for example, but this is really difficult/impractical sometimes when multiple Items exist as Items may not progress at the same rate.

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth

I am tying to add phases to a project that exists.

Please tell me how to add phases to items after create....in 6.0 or 5.0

Thanks

Regards

Khopotso

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Khopotso Phooko;

Yes you can add/change DP & Phases. In SAP PPM there are a functionality to "change process" to modify the normal course of your Portfolio Item at your Item Type.

Tell me if you needed to know how can you configure this.

Regards,

Mariano