cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 and CUA :Error - user does not exist in target system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SP11 and trying to integrate GRC 10 with CUA. Integration is done and seems working.

Our workflow has 2 stage : manager and security.

this workflow works fine for change user account but while creating new user ,it gives a error "user does not exist in target system".

GRC is not able to create user in CUA parent system. I tried all possible option for ex: selecting create user if does not exist option under global provisioning setting but it is not working..

Same error "user does not exist in target system". It seems GRC 10 is not able to create user in CUA parent system.

Does any one faced this error on SP11.

any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

We had a similar issue with the CUA.

SAP asked us to implement the note 1823517 in the CUA system and it fixed our problem.

Regards,

Benoît.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benoit,

Thanks for your reply!!

Just to clarify one thing.. did you also faced the similar issue.

I mean our issue is that GRC 10 on SP11 is not able to create user in CUA (Error: User ID XXXX does exists in target system") even though we have maintained all settings in GRC for CUA. However change/delete user works fine.

Appreciate if you could clarify this.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes, we were in the same case : GRC 10 on SP11 and no possibility to create users that did not exist in CUA.

Changing an existing user was working but we did not try to delete one.

Regards,

Benoît

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

binicholson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Currently implementing 10.1 and getting the same issue provisioning settings are set to create user is does not exist and the actions are set correctly for request type for actions (ie. Create User, Assign Object, User Defaults).

Note.  SAP_GWFND = Release 740 SP 0010

Did anyone ever get a resolution for this issue.

Cheers Bill

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We face the same error messag. At provisioning of request we get the following messages in SLG1:

Created user " ABCD"  in system XXXCLNT100

followed by message:

S:/GRCPI/GRIA_MSG:005 "ABCD"

and message:

Message from plugin for system XXXCLNT100: " ABCD"  User does not exist in

target system XXXCLNT100

We don't use CUA.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong in the configuration?

All help is very much appreciated!

Regards, Dave.

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

It looks like the issue is coming from the provisioning log whereby it is trying to change a user which does not exist in the required system.

I would check the Request type configuration to ensure that the correct actions are assigned to create users if applicable and that the correct request type is being selected during the access request.

I would then check the provisioning settings to see whether the configuration is set to "create if user does not exist" in the cases of Change user etc.

Simon

0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your answer. the strange thing is that it only happens with NEW user request.

Request type configuration for is as follows, Create User, Assign Object, User Defaults.

In the instances where the issue occurs, New user request type was used.

In Global provisioning settings we have activated Create User if not exist for assign role action.

We have not activated Create User if not exists for Change user action as we use our LDAP system for user validation.

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Kindly check SAP note 1809407 : User not created in CUA child system correctly.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Saksham Minocha

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you got your CUA parameter settings set to allow user creation in other systems or set to Parent system only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

thanks for reply.

I have maintained my CUA setting. I have added global system as my CUA parent and all child system in distribution list.

I am not sure if any configuration parameter that need to be set to allow use creation in Parent system..

Please advise.

thanks.

Amit