cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organize objects in SWCvs and namespaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have 8 interfaces; between ECC and Legacy system: ECC--PI--Legacy  of which 5 are outbound to ECC and 3 are inbound to ECC. some of the message types are shared.

how do I organize development objects in SWCVs(how many?) and in namespace(how many?) i'm looking for specific answers. please advice.

Thanks.

Prema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

I would aggree with the two posts before, use SWCVs to structure all your objects according to your business structure.

E.g. create SWCVs like RETAIL, FINANCE, MANUFACTURING etc.

Inside these SWCVs you create namespaces the way that Nabendu explained it.

In general you could say, a SWCV represents a business area while a namespace represents a specific business process in a business area.

Also it is good practice to have a common SWCV for mappings as they can be cross business area.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the reply; i will keep everyones input in mind and create my objects. thanks for you time. i appriciate it.

Thanks.

Prema

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

I want to go with the suggestion of Ashish. SWCV how we define is more towards Business Processes, not like number of Systems (Sender / Receiver) other than Technical ones like Basis/APPL/Standard Contents (SNC, Auto ID etc.). Namespaces are specific towards Interface functionality, means how an Interface is implemented to accomplish a sub part of the Business Process.

I am not sure whether these 8 interfaces are performing any common process or not. Suppose you are implementing 'Procurement' for SAP, then may be you have a single SWCV. Under that Namespaces for example:

urn:XXXX.com:XXX:Procurement:CostCenter

urn:XXXX.com:XXX:Procurement:GeneralLedger

urn:XXXX.com:XXX:Procurement:Supplier.............

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prema,

You can devide you interfaces accoring to the process area they belong to for e.g. HR, FICO. etc.

You can create the corresponding namespace & distribute across the corresponding SWCV.

Regards,
Ashish

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best approach would be to have three SWCV. One for sender, one for receiver & one in which you do the mapping. For namespaces, it is better to have a naming convention in place such that urn:ECC:SalesOrder for ECC & urn:ReceiverSystem:SalesOrder for the receiver system.For mapping you can have urn:Integration:SalesOrder etc. Since you are having some shared objects across namespaces, it would be better if you categorize them such as logistics, operations etc.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideal way is to have one software component for your sender system and one for your receiver. This way, messages and interfaces related to one system are grouped together. You might want to create another SWC for holding the mapping etc objects which use objects from multiple SWCs or, chose ECC SWC to hold all the mapping objects.

Namespaces can be created based on the business objects. For ex, /sales may hold create/change sales order and invoice.

Hope it helps.

VJ.

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SWCV is a shipment unit for design objects in the ESR. You use a SWCV to group together objects that are shipped or installed together. You can’t copy objects between different releases of a SWCV.
The majority of the ID objects refer to the interface / namespace and not the SWCV.

As far as your scenario is concern, create one SWCV and create namespace for each interface, i.e. eight, doesnt matter whether its IB or OB.

Hope it helps.!

Regards,

Sunil