Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to File Mapping problem.

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on IDOC to file scenario. Here I need to create CSV file for some fields of the IDOC. Actually flat file should contain around 65 comma separated fields irrespective (independent of the segment presence in the IDOC) of the existence of the corresponding filed in the idoc structure. So could you please tell me how to handle this situation?

Here file is supposed to be created with 65 fields. But it only contains few of those, as some segments in the IDOC are missing. Is there any dependency between the filed and its header/segment?

Thanks in advance,

-Kanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

<i>But it only contains few of those, as some segments in the IDOC are missing. Is there any dependency between the filed and its header/segment?</i> - yes, if your source IDOC is having some segments missing, then your target will not have those segments, so some of your target data will be lost.......

To avoid this you can go for a JAVA mapping.....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was not able to follow the entire requirement , but if you need to manadtorily create some field in the target side, you can use the function MAPWITHDEFAULT in your graphical mapping so that empty fields are created in the flat file.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the fields in your CSV that contains no mapping from the IDOC you can set a constant value to true and use the createif function. Just make sure that all the fields in your data type are mandatory.

Regards,

Liesel