cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring SAP Market Place Service Connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently operating a SolMan 7.1 SP05 system and also working with CCMS Central Monitoring (Looking forward to implement SolMan 7.1 monitoring infrastructure)

One thing I am trying to do is sending a alert email when a service connection on the market place is about to close.

We lose a lot of time monitoring those manually to avoid project teams losing time because connections are closed and the SAP team is working either from Europe or Asia.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what about connectivity monitoring, where you can setup the SAPOSS connection,

please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the interesting link but it's not what I'm looking for.

For example, you open an OSS message at SAP.  Then they come back asking to open service connections to your environment.

For a reason I still don't understand SAP doees not allow connection to remain open for more than 20 days and 23:59.

These connections need to be monitored in order to keep tehm open until the message is resolved.

But because it is on themarket place there is no way for us to monitor them without using a spreadsheet to list the connections that shoudl remain open and then to go on the market place and look in every system on the service.sap.com/access-support link to make sure the right connections are openned and access data is provided.

This has caused delays in resolution of OSS Messages because support teams are ofter in Germany or in Asia and we're in Canada.   So in the morning we get a notification that the connection is closed and by the time we open it, The SAP support team is offline.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Semi Automatic Opening option. From SAP:

"By using Semi Automatic Opening, you can also allow SAP to open and to use service connections to your systems without interaction of a contact person at customer side."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot, it was the issue we also faced, now found the solution,

please see the vedio and pdf from the wiki for automatic open connection

SAP Community Network Wiki - Service Marketplace - SAP Service Connection

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, This is exactly what I was looking for.

I'll have a look further into this as this requires an internal server.

Any suggestion about how the technical architecture might look like in a real environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way I just implemented the RFC monitoring between managed systems, but I'm wondering how I can get alerts generated from this monitoring infra structure?

How can I setup the alerting auto-reactions or any other alerting process to send us emails if any of those RFCs is not working anymore?

Thanks for your help!

Former Member

Answers (0)