Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception in authorisation check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPGurus,

One of our functinal consultant is trying to use a tcode SCASE wherein he's trying to edit one of the case but while trying to edit the case it throws the below error. I tried to use SU53 tcode to check for any missing authorisation but that showed nothing saying authorisation successfull.

Also when I checked one of the post regarding the same issue it said to activate the SAP_ALL profile using SU21 but that was also not usefull.

Please suggest what might be the solution.

You are not authorized to perform this action
Message no. SCMG_CASE009

Diagnosis
You tried to perform an action for which you do not have authorization (according to your profile).

System Response
You cannot perform the action.

Procedure
Check whether you are allowed to perform this action.

Procedure for System Administration
Assign the relevant authorization, if the user is allowed to perform this action.

The internal code for the activity is MODI.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Could you make a copy of this role SAP_BC_CM_ADMINISTRATOR and attach it to the user.

Post this check the results.

Additionally you may refer SAP help for Authorizations in Case Management.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/0d/b1f33b949b6b31e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Deepak, thanks for your participation. I added the role to the user but still it throws the same error.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Hope your problem is resolved.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

run authorization trace (ST01). That will give you all authorization checks performed by that transaction. Also assigning SAP_ALL is not a good idea.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your help, I tried to apply trace but then it throws the following error

Internal error when reading trace files (file incomplete)

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you let us know the exact authorization for object S_SCMG_CAS for this user?

specifically, check if value MODI is included in the SCMG_ACT field.