cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netweaver 7.0 EHP1 migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have a landscape with SAP BI 7.0 Ehp1 plugged to a SAP portal 7.0 Ehp1, we are thinking about an upgrade of both system to have the latest webdynpro ABAP capabilities and AFP features (ajax framework) at portal level.

so we are considering SAP BI 7.0 EHP3 and SAP portal Ehp3 as target to avoid a heavy upgrade to 7.3.

what do you think about this target ? have you any advice ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anass,

If you want to avoid heavy upgrade procedure, then upgrade to EHP3 looks fine. Currently you are on EHP1 and you plan to upgrade to EHP3. But I am not sure what kind of enhancement you shall achieve by this.

Upgrade to NW 7.3 shall provide you with much more features as compared to EHP3.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

note 1637366 is a bit confusing, upgrade to 7.0 EHP3 is not recommended apparently.

have you already done similar upgrade involving BI and EP ? any advice ?

Thanks.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The answer to your question is very well explained in the note.

Note 1637366 - Installation of SAP EHP3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0

Here is what the SAP note says.

2. Upgrade and Update

For existing standalone installations of SAP NetWeaver an update or  upgrade to SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 is not recommended.

Instead customers with existing standalone installations of SAP  NetWeaver should consider an upgrade or update to SAP NetWeaver 7.3 and available enhancement packages.

Installing SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 separately  underneath a SAP Business Suite system may result in malfunctioning of the installation procedure and/or the final system state.

Also I suggest you to read these notes as well.

Note 1557825 - Release Restrictions for SAP EHP 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0

Note 1637629 - No Process Integration in SAP EHP3 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

You need to first identify whether you are able to get the functionality if you do an EHP upgrade if there are limitations to that then the only option is to do a release upgrade.

Cheers

RB

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anass,

Just to extend the information from RB,

Incase you plan to have additional add-on components like BI_CONT or BI_Components on JAVA, or ESS/MSS etc on core NW 7.0 EHP3 -> SAP is not supporting it as it may lead to some malfunctioning.

I have not done any upgrade to EHP3. But I have done an upgrade to NW 7.3.

I guess you may look into solution browser from SAP to find out functionalities in NW 7.3 and check whether it matches your requirement. Post this you may take a call of upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your responses, the idea of the upgrade is to get the latest capabilities of webdynpro at abap side and Ajax framework at java side.

Could you please share any documentation about this uprade path.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Anass,

I am not sure about your business context. I guess you are looking to save time and cost.

It may be good idea to do EHP3 and check with your business and functonal consultaants how happy they are happy with the features.

The disadvantage if they are not sure about the features in EHP3 , the best is to go for 7.3 a sit guarantees all the latest features

The adavantage is with EHP3, you save a lot of money and cost

Have a graet day.

Kind Regards,

Jacob