SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant program IF03-is it working right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are facing a problem with our invoices.

For a particular installation fact ZFACTOR, there is a value change in the middle of the billing period.

For the duration 01.06.2012-26.06.2012, the value is 40

For the duration 27.06.2012-31.08.2012, the value is 0

While billing for the quarter 06.2012-08.2012

The problem is when we use IF03 ZFACTOR > 0 in our rate steps, (Variant program:IF03, I/P operand1:ZFACTOR, I/P operand2:Another fact with a constant value of 0)

The program always picks up the latest value of ZFACTOR, which is 0.

So, the condition fails and the program skips a few calculations. This results in incorrect bill.

Is there any setting/configuration to make sure IF03 considers all the values in the time slice.

i.e.,

It must PASS[execute] once for 01.06.2012-26.06.2012

It must FAIL for 27.06.2012-31.08.2012

Regards,

Joshua.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

You can select only value at a time. If you want to consider highest value always, then change the Variant Control to Use highest Value.

If you want to consider both the values, you need to create the custom variant.

Hope it solves your problem.

Regards,

Rajesh

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

You can select only value at a time. If you want to consider highest value always, then change the Variant Control to Use highest Value.

If you want to consider both the values, you need to create the custom variant.

Hope it solves your problem.

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Rajesh.

This WILL fix the problem.

Thanks again.

fragouio
0 Kudos

Hello,

Being several years later to the post, how did you finally tackled the issue? Did you create a a variant for IF03? Working fine? Can you share any hints, having similar problem here … of not getting timeslices by standard. Would be recommend to go for a Z approach for this IF statement?

Thanks!
Kind regards,

Ioannis