cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence Number issues in file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Need to pick files based on file name sequence, is it possible to achieve this?

abc_0001.txt

abc_0002.txt

abc_0003.txt

I need to process the files based on the sequence number which is mentioned in the file name (0001.0002.0003, etc)

If i get abc_0005 instead of abc_0004, i should notify via alert to the funcitonal team.

Is this scenario achievable?

Thanks,

--Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

As per SAP documentation for File adapter, it works as Alphabetical Order of file name. Not sure about Ascending order of Numbers:

Check below document:

If you used placeholders when specifying the file name, define the Processing Sequence of the files:

¡  If you select By Name, files are processed in alphabetical order by file name.

¡  If you select By Date, files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.

REFERENCE: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/44/682bcd7f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

You have to use script in sending system to validate the files.

Sending application will drop file in X folder and a script will be deployed in X folder to validate. It will push the file to Y folder if the sequence is matching, else script will notify error to users.

Thnx.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai,

You need to set the Processing Sequence “By Name” in sender file channel. This picks up the file in ascending order.

Regards,
Ashish