Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining attachment names in a MAIL to FILE scenario

nilambari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein there would be email sent with multiple attachments using the MAIL sender adapter. These attachments need to be individually placed at a File sever using SFTP receiver adapter.

As of now, i have been able to pick the attachments and place at the server.

However the name of the attachement is suffixed with _MailAttachment1, _MailAttachment2 etc..

Request you to suggest a method to retain the attachment names along with the extentions.

I am also trying to implement UDF using the OutputAttachment API, however it is not working.

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW73EHP1/SPS01/PI/com/sap/aii/mapping/api/OutputAttachments.html

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no way to solve this in standard. You can only fetch the attachment names with a self-written adapter module.

nilambari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your inputs.

I have managed to transfer the email attachments to the file server.

However, along with the attachment files, there is one more file that is getting generated for "Email body".

Is there any way to not generate this file so that only the email attachments are transfered??

If no, the content of this extra file is "xml structure" + "Email body" + encoded form of the attachments. is there a way to restrict this content only to email body.

I have checked the "keep attachment" option in the adapter. So attachment contents shouldnt be sent in the body of the mail.

• Keep Attachments: If we checked “Keep Attachments” in “Mail Attributes” then, the content will be sent as an attachment otherwise, the content will be sent as body of the mail.