cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from ecc5 to ecc6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

My question is we are upgrading from ecc5 to ecc6 and i would like to know before upgrading what are the prerequisites like whether i need to upgrade my current kernel, abap patches, and R3trans and how do i get to know the pre-requisties

Regards

Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Best approach is to download the upgrade guide for ECC 6.0 EHP 5/6 where you want to upgrade it.

Go through all the notes listed in the preparation section and make your source system ready for upgrade.

Another point to note is :

1) Check whether you have enough storage space for upgrade.

2) Check whether you need unicode conversion to be done or not

3) Check whether database upgrade needs to be done or not

4) Check whether OS upgrade is required or not.

Hope this information is useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the response and i would request you to just guide me to what target should i get the source system needs to be...

Regards

Mohammed

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Currently ECC 6.0 EHp6 is latest available to customers. You should plan for the same.

Refer SAP notes relevant to EHp6 and plan your upgrade.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

In order to upgrade the system to EHP6 you need to meet certain requirements.

If you are running on a Windows system then you need to have Windows Server 2008

If the database is MSSQL then you need to have MSSQL Server 2008

The same applies to Oracle, AIX and the rest.

http://service.sap.com/pam

I suggest you to go through Product Availability Matrix and check the supported combinations and plan the upgrade rather than taking assumed answers.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam?hash=pvnr%3D01200314690900002457%26pt%3Dt%257CPLTFRM%26ainst...

Once you have a supported system download the upgrade guide and read it.

You need to understand how the upgrade process works. It is more likely to be a week long operation.

Good Luck

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In addition to Deepak's comments, you are unlikely to need to patch the ABAP stack on your existing system, but it's likely that R3trans, tp, etc will need to be updated even within the upgrade pack.  And you will be using SUM to perform the upgrade now, rather than the old R3up.

But thoroughly read the upgrade guides, notes, etc and perform all the pre-requisites before you start to save a lot of pain later.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The firs step is to configure your existing system in MOPZ/SMSY in Solman.

Once you perform you can check lvsm transaction in Solman to checek if everything is

configured properly.

Once all are ok , you can use MOPZ to calculate the packages and choose the target levels.

The latest available is EHP6 for ECC 6.0.

You also have to check the ESS/ MSS Componets deployed in Portal for ECC 5.0

The more information about ECC EHP6 can be found at

http://service.sap.com/instguidesInstallation & Upgrade GuidesSAP Business Suite ApplicationsSAP ERPSAP ERP 6.0SAP enhancement packages for SAP ERP 6.0SAP enhancement package 6 for SAP ERP 6.

You will be able to find a central upgrade note and pre-requisite in the above links mentioned.

Of Course there is new SUM tool SP06 released which will help you to perform a upgrade.

Have fun with upgrade.

Kind Regards,

Jacob