Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from EOIO to EO

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have an async file -> XI Proxy scenario into an SAP ERP System.

In the file adapter QoS is set to EOIO.

Now I want to switch to EO on transfer of the message to the IE of the ERP System. Is this possible?

In the XI Receiver Adapter I have to enter the path /sap/xi/engine?type=entry. Are there any additional options to add the the path?

Thanks

Elko

Germany

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

so the answer to your question is "no", it is not possible. You set QoS at sender adapter side and it cannot be changed afterwards. (At least not without considerable effort, and I can't imagine a scenario where this might be worth considering.)

Regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

ELOK,

You just need to change the QOS of sender file channel as EO only.

Regards,

Ashish

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's correct if your WebAS is > 6.20 your URL should be /sap/xi/engine?type=entry, there is no additional options to add the path.

Also make sure that SICF is activated.

As far as QOS is concern, delivery types EO and EOIO, any way the message is copied correspondingly and sent to the individual receivers.

Regards,

Sunil

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, just go on, quality of service is set in the sender adapter. Nothing else to do.

Regards,

Udo

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

thanks for your reply.

Let me try to be more clear.

In the file adapter I set EOIO and the message is processed in IE of the PI System with mode EOIO. The the message is passed to the ERP System using the XI Adapter and processed in the IE of the ERP also with mode EOIO.

My requirement is to switch mode in IE of ERP to EO. My question is how to archive this.

Is there a way to switch mode to EO in XI Receiver Adapter in PI like using a parameter in the query string (/sap/xi/engine?type=entry).

Thanks

Elko

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elko,

no, like i said, you define the qos i the sender adapter (general in sending application). If you set the sender adapter to EO, the message will at PI be processed in EO and as well in in the ERP Integration Engine.

Regards,

Udo