cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM correlation rule for the part of the filename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have the following scenario: the same sender service sends pairs of data and trigger files to XI, using the file adapter. (e.g.: AAA.dat, AAA.trg, BBB.dat,BBB.trg,...)

A BPM collects these pairs of files and processes them by serialization, so first the data file is sent, and when the data has arrived, the trigger file will be sent.

<b>The problem is:</b> how to use the correct correlation rule to catch the files which are belonging together? (AAA.dat to AAA.trg, and BBB.dat to BBB.trg)

Is there any possibility to use a correlation rule for the part(!!!) of the filename?

(If I use the interface variable "FileName", it always take the whole filename, so with extensions. But here I only need the part before the extensions. Just "AAA" from my example.)

Thank you in advance for any help!

Andras

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

a simple workaround of your below problem is create a source data type and in that add a node for Filename......then in BPM, after receiving your source file....do a transformation step to have the whole data and the Filename data with only the first part of your filename......then in correlation, by XSL path navigate to this Filename node and define correlation on it.....

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What rajeev has pointed is actually the only solution.

The FileName will not be part of the SOAP header inside the BPM and so have a mapping otuside the BPM in the Interface Determination and save the first three characters of the filename in some field and use this as your correaltion id.

Regards

Bhavesh

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The FileName will not be part of the SOAP header

> inside the BPM and so have a mapping otuside the BPM

> in the Interface Determination and save the first

> three characters of the filename in some field and

> use this as your correaltion id.

>

> Regards

> Bhavesh

Bhavesh, whys that?

Ive successfully worked with filename dynamic configuration in BPMs.

The problem is that he has to use that in a mapping before the BPM (because the correlation is created by the starting step). But if he has a mapping in interface determination prior to the BPM, it should work.

Regards,

Henrique.