Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal Year change and effect With respect to PS

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client want to change fiscal year change from Jan-Dec to Apr-Mar. so with respect to this what should we have to do for projects.

what will be the effect while changing fiscal year change.

thanks

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using cost element planning then the period shown should be changed, for example in the earlier calendar period 1 will be for Jan, where as now period 1 will represent April.

You need to clear this concept, thats all.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

I don't have experience changing FY but I think it has an important impact in PS ( and obviously in other areas), really I was thinking if technically it was possible.

It seems that it is possible but my advice is review OSS and other posts related to this topic.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the standard process , in Project system , FY ( fiscal year ) / Calendar Year object was not configured in PS , but we will incorparate the fiscal year objects functionality in our project profile.

This fiscal year impact will be from FI point of view, I hope from that module point of required changes had to be done, as per their open & close  period activities, and for document genration.

In PS , sytem will take planning /Budgetting as per the Annual Planning / Overall Planning  profiles maintained. And even in Annual Budget , it will consider only yearly but not monthly wise, So there will not be such impact from PS point of view as my concern,

I hope it might he helpful to your scenario.

Regards,

vrkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

From a pure PS perspective you do not have to do anything.  If you use budgets in Investment Management you will have to look at budget carryover.