cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jurisdiction code could not be determined

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is basically the problem.

The popup box with multiple jurisdiction codes (for a certain zipcode in US) does not display in SRM as it is displayed in R/3. Hence an error message is created since the SRM system does not know which jurisdiction code to choose. In order to bypass this problem and to make SRM choose the first jurisdiction code from the list the following SAP notes have been implemented:

844365 (in R/3) and 781506 (in SRM)

However, when choosing a ship to address with a zipcode which has two or more jurisdiction codes allocated, we still get an error message "Jurisdiction code could not be determined". I believe this error message comes from backend system.

I have started to check the notes ,657146 EXTENSION_US_TAXES, 625819, 532618, 881086.

But I'm not sure where to do the change. My aim is to choose the "first" jurisdiction code (in R/3) and return that to SRM.

Anyone of you have made this and can give me a solution proposal?

BR and thank you very much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look also on this notes:

Note 400249 - Determining / changing / checking tax jurisdiction codes

Note 481131 - Incorrect tax jurisdiction code remains in address

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Thank you for your answer!

Should have mentioned we are running ERP 2005.

I realise it might be hard to understand exactly what I need. Is there someone that have implemented EXTENSION_US_TAXES BAdI where they actually filter the Jurisdiction codes or am out wrong here.

Thank you very much for your answer!

BR

Mattias

Answers (0)