Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Directory in Easy DMS

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

May I ask help on how to change the gray out field Working Directory to a new value? This is the path what I'm talking about in Easy DMS ORGANIZE -> PREFERENCES -> GENERAL tab -> Local File Storage -> Working Directory (gray out).

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

What is the Easy DMS version and What is the OS on the machine where Easy DMS is installed ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Easy DMS version is 7.1.2.2:  (Unicode) and OS use are Vista 32bit and WIndow 7 64bit.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Could you install Easy DMS version 7.1.4.3. Many of the bugs are fixed in this release.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Currently this is the version we are using company wide. We cannot made that kind of move for now to update to a newer version. Can there be any other solution for this? not having doing an upgrade to the new version? Thank you

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

The issue which you are going through is either a bug in Easy DMS or installation is not clean.

I have not seen any issue with preferences tab so far.

Does the user has Admin rights on his machine ? If yes, May I request you to un-install Easy DMS. Take a reboot of machine and then perform fresh installation again with Admin rights.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

one chance to change the value for working directory would be to adopt the registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\EasyDMS\General\Workdirectory.

The correspondig registry key for disable and enable the field "Working directory" in EasyDMS would be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\EasyDMS\General\DisableWorkDir. For further information on this key please see the SAP note 1367514.

Best regards,

Christoph

ryan_lazaro3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

VEry well said. You solved my problem. Thanks a lot.

Answers (0)