cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Ship to Party from Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Scenario , where the Ship to Party in the sales order must be copied from Customer master. It should not allow any other ship to party numbers other than which are specified in Customer master Partner function screen.

I have one sold to party and multiple ship to party mentioned in customer master. So while entering ship to party in sales order system pop's up the dialogue box mentioning all the ship to party mentioned in customer master. i should be able to select only from the given list and if any ship to party entered other than mentioned in customer master or the dialogue box , system should show error message.

Can anyone help me regarding this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

You've to do partner determination at Sale Document Header. Follow the IMG path as Sales and Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Partner Determination --> Set up Partner Determination --> Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header. Select Standard Order and go for Partner Function in Procedure. Now against Ship-to-Party option in Origin (Table) column and select 'C' i.e; Partner function from customer master (table KNVP). Now system will allow Partners from Customer master data only. You can try with Origin (Table) as 'X' i.e; Customer specific partner determination 1 (USER EXIT) and do the coding with the help of your ABAPER. Hope it helps, lemme know if you need more assistance in this. Also, have a look at the following thread.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1897409

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

I believe this question is answered multiple times in past in this forum.

Go to IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Partner Determination Set Up Partner Determination - Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header - select TA - Standard Order & select Partner Function in Procedure from left hand side.

Here make your Ship to Party Party Function (SH) as Non-Modifiable. Also in the Origin column mention C - Partner function from customer master (table KNVP)

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your partner determination procedure - sales document header - partner functions in procedure - check the partner function SH as not modifiable.

Note: One problem you might face in day to da life. I.e. If by mistake user selects wrong SH and save the document, it will not allow him to change it back.

So, please explain the limitations to user before you adopt this.

Regards, Sai Krishna.