cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start aborted with error(0x84000013: Unique constraint violated)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

When i try to start a repository it is getting aborted by throwing the error as "Start aborted with error(0x84000013: Unique constraint violated)"

Have tried verify option, no errors are found, Unmounted the repo & mounted it again, still the issue persists

Kindly let me know  what needs to be done

We are using MDM SP08 PATCH 40 version

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Description of the root cause of the bug :

When the value in a unique text field contains words of typographic similarity, (for example, "Scotch-BriteTM" and "Scotch-Brite<TM>"), MDS will treat them as the same and the load will fail with a unique constraint violation error.
- The issue was first introduced with MDM 7.1.06.236. This issue is not related to a specific platform/DBMS.

Solution:

The description of the fix is:
1.The fix is to introduce a new repository property "Enable Typographic Sensitivity" with the options of Off/All.

The "Off" selection will be the default and current behavior, that is "Scotch-Brite<TM>" = "Scotch-BriteTM"

If any customer want to differentiate the two words, they should set it to "All", which means "Scotch-Brite<TM>" = "Scotch-BriteTM", which will allow their repository to be loaded.

2. Or contact your basis team to delete the unique constraint field from repository. For this, repository must be unloaded and constraint field will be deleted.

Hope this answers your query. Please let us kow if any queries.

Regards,

Ali

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

As explained above setting typographic sensitivity to ALL should solve the issue.This would allow the repository to be loaded.For further details please refer to SAP note 1632838.

Also I would advise to check on the data set causing the issue,this should help understand the root cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Ravi