Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor consignment item to be sold as credit sales in VA01

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to sell the vendor consignment item thru VA01.

During Post Goods issue in VL02N, it is not deducting from consignment stock.

It is instead deducting from unrestricted stock.

I check the configuration for movement 601. The "K" are there.

Can it be sold directly deducting from "K" stock?

Bye

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read various threads on this topic and following the steps managed to do a post goods issue 601K, it correctly deducts the vendor consignment stock. Pls see sap note 607604, you have to define the stock determination rule and assign it to material master and item category.

However I have another problem that even though the vendor consignment stock quantity is deducted I could not get a FI posting along with it, it posted only a CO posting. I have an open thread on this issue waiting for other experts to help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally consignment stock is issued by using special stock indicator as "W". I am not sure why you have to issue by using "K" which is generally called as vendor consignment stock.

If you look at the consignment Issue/Returns Item categories in VOV7 it will have special stock indicator as W. (Check for KEN and KRN)

You can test it by changing it to K, but, i never tried and don't know the impact.

@Experts: Please through some light on this.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

here I am talking on vendor consignment item and not referring to customer consignment items.

I understand about consignment fillup / pickup / issues.

This is for my item being kept at customer premises.

I am referring to vendor item kept at my premises.

Thanks

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never experienced this scenario. Anyway, can you try to change the Consignment Issue Item category - Special stock indicator to "K" and see how system behaves while doing PGI.

Note: I never tested this, i am just throughing some light.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siew,

Uh, you can't sell something that doesn't belong to you. 

Use your standard transfer transaction to withdraw the vendor stock from vendor stores and place it into your own unrestricted stock, then sell it.

Best Regards,

DB49

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your suggestion will definitely works but it is not practical to convert and then sell.

If the POS can sell directly without converting, why would credit sales need converting before selling to customer?

still waiting for a workable solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siew,

If the POS can sell directly without converting

An interesting concept; I personally have never heard of any place where it legally permitted to sell vendor consignment stock without first taking financial ownership on your books.  I guess it is different in your country...

Best Regards,

DB49

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's SAP standard.