cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidate Tax conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have question related to Billing. We are getting more than 1000 different tax conditions. I need to consolidate these conditions as less as I can . We have maximum 8 GL Account Keys and maintaing 1000 tax conditions will be very hard. So please help me to find out how I can consolidate Tax conditions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

Thanks for your replies. Let me make it easy, We US Telcom Taxes and those are not like regular taxes. Each state have different tax criterias. If we add all the Taxes of 50 states will be more than 1800. Taxes will be calculated by an external vendor and we need to map those taxes in SAP to create an sales order. If someone knows how US telecom taxes are handle in SAP, can help me to understand.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

R u really refering condition type or condition record.

Please check

For

Condition type - JCST we have

from Condition table Like (Country/Plant region/customer region/Tax Customer/Tax material)

we have 8 plants and for 34 states.

For this,we had maintained 34 X 8 condition records with TAX CODE.

But in pricing procedure, we have less than 10 condition types.

Regards,

Mani

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never came across 1000 tax condition types. May I know the nature of the business and country having 1000 tax condition types. How do you maintain 1000 tax conditions ? If you have 1000 conditions for Tax alone, then whats the status of other conditions in pricing procedure?

Generally, we will have VAT, Service tax, Surcharge, in case of India you can even add CST. So at maximum you should have 4 to 5 tax condition types. At the most you may have 10. If you want to post to various accounts depends on the state then maintain Tax codes while maintaining the tax condition records. Whenever that combination comes in your billing it will post to respective accounts. Please have a discussion with FI consultant to maintain G/L accounts for Tax codes.

Please correct me if i didn't understand your question.

Regards, Sai Krishna.