cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation lane "Lot size To" issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the “Lot Size To” is set in the TLANE, SNP heuristic does not generate the purchase requisition to cover the demand IF the demand is
bigger than the “Lot Size To” quantity.  For example, I set the “Lot Size To” as 5,000 EA in the TLANE.  I also entered a forecast of 5,500 EA in the
planning book.  When I execute the location heuristic, no PREQ was generated.

If I change the forecast to any number smaller than 5,000 EA, and run the same heuristic, the PREQ would be generated correctly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what is the issue?  You specified in the tlane not to use that source of supply if demand > 5000.

Just like you can specify different lot sizes for a BOM correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cliff,

As Ken suggested, the lot-size range on the transportation lane sets the validity of the source-of-supply.  With 5,000 EA maximum, any demand over that will not find a valid source-of-supply.  If you want the lane to act like it will treat a demand with minimum and maximum lot sozes, you need to create product-specific means-of-transport and enter a lot-size profile.  Leave the transportation lane range wide open (up to 99999999 or leave mun and max at zero which does that same thing.

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,  Thanks for your response.  It works exactly as you stated!  Cliff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken, it makes sense.