cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up DMS and Content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have set up content server on a separate server and would like to configure DMS with File system as storage type. Have configured the following:

Content server on UNIX

Content repository in OAC0

CSADMIN settings (ping is fine from SAP)

Sotrage category in OACT.

How do I set up DMS and test any with any document?

In DC10, I added doc types as .doc, pdf, xls etc with Kpro checked.

In DC20, I am not sure where to add the details.

Regards

VK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

None of the links work. Can u please post again.

Regards

VK

former_member188883
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

Thanks. I am trying to attach a document in FB03. It is getting saved in the local database. How do we change it to get saved in the content server (already installed).

Regards

VK

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

ArchiveLink is the correct method for this, particularly if you intend storing incoming invoices,

Refer SAP on this. help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/d7/e21dde408e11d1896b0000e8322d00/content.htm

In summary

1. ArchiveLink requires various methods for integration to be complex. Define Content Repository specifically for FI in OAC0

2. Define Document Type

3. Define link and workflow customising in OAD5

4. Define method of retrieval using OAA3

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Hope your query is answered.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

Thanks for your reply.

I was trying to save attachments in the content server using DMS. I found that by changing SOFFDB repository in OAC0, it works.

Now I need to proceed with the following. Can you please help how to go about from here. Pls let me know in case of any questions.

1) The storage type for SOFFDB repository is empty. It does not accept DMS as storage type nor any.

2) Install/Configure DMS

3) Install Easy DMS and view the documents from there.

Regards

VK

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Could you share screen shot from OAC0 for your configuration. Based on that I can propose solution.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

Pls find the screenshot below:

I have changed SOFFDB content repository as HTTP content server, but the document area is left blank as it is not accepting DMS or any other category.

CS Admin settings:

How do I configure DMS and easy DMS going forward from here?

Regards

VK

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

From the screenshot you have shared you have configured FileSystem storage for storing DMS documents. In that case in OAC0 you should not use HTTP Content Server instead you should use File Storage.

For File system storage you should work with Vaults. Below are some steps for Vault configuration

Perform customization in DC20 for Vault:

For: "Define data carrier type "vault""

Data carr. type = ZD

For: "Define vault"

Data carr.name = ZDC_TEST

Data carr. type= ZD

Desprition = Test

Vault path = \\10.181.210.10\_SAP Practice\SAP DMS\DMS_Data_carrier      -> this is the network path.

For: "Define data carrier type "server, front end"

Type (data carr. type) = DC

Description = Frontend test

Path = c:\temp\

For: "Define mount ponts/logical drive"

Data carr. = Default/ZDC

Prefix for access path = c:\temp\

I was just wondering why you are not using Content Server on MaxDB database. This will provide you flexibility in terms of security and recovery.

Now on Configuration:

1) For DMS configuration you should refer the wiki links shared in the responses above

2) For Easy DMS configuration . Please download EAsy DMS s/w from SAP service Marketplace and then simply install it on desktop. When you launch Easy DMS, it shall read entries from saplogon.ini and provide you system selection to login.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

We wanted to set up DMS with File system, but without MAXDB.

I tried to change it, but found the following options other than HTTP content server.

Kindly let me know which option I should select. If I select Strusture Storage system, I should also mention storage area.

If it is Logical rep, I should also mention symbolic rep. What could be the correct option here?

2) Should I change the entry for SOFFDB or any other content rep ( I have 2 repositories created for test)

3) In DC20, I have set up the following. Pls check if they are right

Should the vault path should be of content server?? Pls confirm.

Regards

VK

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Refer this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1825058

In the end of this thread relevant configuration steps are defined wrt Filesystem storage.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

I could not open any of the links you updated. It says the page does not exist. Pls help.

Regards

VK

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos