cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One central portal and multiple BW-Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have given multiple BW-Systems, all with BI-Java, to integrate them into one portal? (NW 7.3)

On the one side there can be one BI-JAVA and Portal connection and on the other side one can connect one BI-Java to multiple BW-Systems. So, is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know you can't use BI-JAVA of one AS JAVA system to connect to several AS ABAP systems. At least there are version dependencies. See the attached link for other options you might want to look into. Short answer: use remote iViews or FPN to connect one portal to several BW systems (through several BI-JAVAs).

http://scn.sap.com/message/13876938

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply!

Aside from the original post, is there a chance to run BI-Java within the central portal (the same system of the portal) OR on the same AS Java instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have BI-JAVA installed on the AS JAVA of the central portal however it is not required for the remote iView nor the FPN scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!

A last question in that case (sorry):

So, if one can integrate BI-Java in a central portal SYSTEM (same system and same AS Java) and there is a 1:1 relationship between BI-Java und BI-ABAP, then for example one could split a Dualstack BW System and integrate BI-Java in the central portal system? So the portal uses the integratet BI-Java and BI-Java communicates with BI-ABAP.

Background is, that I haven´t found any documentation for integrating BI-Java on the same AS Java and also the same system of a central portal. I thought BI-Java has to run on a separate Java AS instance as a separate system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it doesn't have to be a separate AS JAVA and yes you can add the BI-JAVA usage type on your AS JAVA hosting the central portal. What you have to consider however are the dependencies you are creating. Once BI-JAVA is on the same AS JAVA as the central portal and you need to patch your BW system, you will also have to patch your AS JAVA hosting BI-JAVA meaning your central portal. You will also have to consider scalability issues. I'm sure there are plenty of systems out there where the central portal is hosting BI-JAVA and there are no issues with it, it all depends on your requirements...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect explanation. Thank you!!!

Answers (0)