cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Authentication for SOAP sender channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have developed one web service scenario in Pi 7.0> It is Soap to RFC. I have tested it in XML spy and it works fine.

When i test this scenario in XML spy, and after loading WSDL file and sending request to server,  it asks for PI user name and passwords. I have to send this WSDL file to third party for testing purpose. But problem is, i don't want to share my PI user name and password. Is there any way that we can hard code this user name and password in SOAP sender channel? I have read that SOAP sender channel do not give any facility to hard code this user and password information in SOAP sender channel.

Can you please tell me what is the best way to manage this user authentication information? Some thread says that  we can put this in URL, some says that ultimately we have to provide  these user authentication information because they will require it to configure their SOAP receiver channel in order to  consume web service.

Kindly  suggest in this regards

Thanks

Regards

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

When 3rd party System wants to consume PI web service, they have to maintain the Authentication credentials at their end, PI can not help in that. Please go through the below blog where all the possible ways are described:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/07/a-closer-look-at-soap-sender-auth...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

If third party systems which uses Web service want to connect to PI  system , then we need to create one user for each system in PI.

Assign the below roles for the user and select user type as System instead of Dialog

SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_PI_CFG_SRV

SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

Regards

Venkat

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi imran,

This is very simple concept here that when a third party sending data in your system then without your permission he can not send. That is why PI system has to share credential to third party to use PI web service. this is the standard protocol .

No need share your credentials ; can be create new user or any ways already PI having standard service user that is PIAPPLUSER for this type requirement .

You can share this .

thanks and regards,

Anup Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

There is no option in sender SOAP channel to configure user name/password. The user name/password either should be configured in sender applictions configuration.

Otherway is to embed the user name/password in the url being used in the sender application.

Regards,

Ashish

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed with Nabendu.!

Have to share the credentials with third party, I don't see any other way around to handle it within SAP PI.

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it's of course not a good idea to provide your own user name... the easiest would be to ask your user admin to create a dedicated service user on PI for the requester.

Regards, Martin