SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBST Good issue reversal issue in FM

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have issued some material to a department using MB1A and movement type 201 , it correctly consumed FM budget and derived all FM account assignments as per FMDERIVE but when i try to cancel the good issuance using MBST it does not derive FM account assignment and show commitment item error, What i think is it should inherit FM account assignment from original documents as it is in case of reversing an FI document but in MBST with movement type 202 ,262 it is not occurring. Please guide me what can the solution.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Atif,

There is no inheritance of Finance master data in MM documents as the finance documents posted by the original and reversing MM documents are essentially separate documents with no reference to each other. Regarding your commitment item derivation error you will need to turn the derivation tool trace on and find out why the system is unable to derive the FM account assignments.

Thanks

Shyam

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do we have any solution to above, when i am reversing a material consumption which consumed FM budget system is correctly deriving FM account assignment while cancelling GI without necessitating any derivation rule for reversal however when i am reversing a a consumption which updated GM budget , system is not deriving the GM assignment or any of the other assignment which were derived originally while posting consumption. I am absolutely clueless, putting on trace is not helping either.

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Just check Reversal document defined under "Define Document Types for Entry View"

In FMDERIVE you might have defined something with respect to document type or movement type. reversal document type can be different. Movement type differs from the original transaction

Revisit FMDERIVE and see derivation based on document type and movement type

Sunoj

0 Kudos

Dear Sunjoj:

Please note that for a GI document reversal which relates to FM i never defined any derivation strategy for it, my observation is that system that when system reverses a GI document or any document which resulted in budget consumption, budgetary consumptions are automatically inherited and hence receives the credit but its not happening for GM related good issuance reversal.

Former Member
0 Kudos