cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault Message handling for RFC lookup within Graphical mapping

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

I used an RFC lookup within a graphical mapping. Also the thing is i have step mapping and the RFC lookup is used in the first mapping out of the 3 mappings, when the RFC lookup fails the error message is seen at the message mapping level of the first map, so obviously i am not able to see it at the operation mapping level. Please suggest if i can capture the fault message at the operation mapping level.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Mentioning RFC Lookup failing, may be you want to mean not getting back desired value back from SAP. In that case SAP needs to return back a description of the failure in a Response field of RFC lookup, so that you can pass it to next level of mappings.

For normal Message Mapping failure (including Multi mapping), it will show you the reason when you are testing from Operation Mapping in test tab.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP is returning the RFC lookup failure, but it cant be passed to the next level as its failing at the lookup level and its difficult to pass it to the next level as we dont know what exception we would get, there are are bunch of exceptions and it happens dynamically. Dont you think using the Fault message structure for this purpose would be a good idea ? Please suggest

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Not sure but don't think you can add False Message structure in RFC Lookup. Have you tried "Use Exception" option, which may help. Find the below details from SAP:

"

You can handle exceptions defined in the RFC as follows during the RFC lookup:

■       If you have selected the Use Exceptions checkbox in the function properties of the standard function, the mapping editor adds an additional parameter in red (the bottommost return parameter) to the standard function in the data-flow editor. If you do not assign a target field to this return parameter, ignore the RFC exceptions (the message mapping is not terminated at runtime). Otherwise the mapping runtime transfers the exception as an XML structure and it can then be evaluated in a user-defined function, for example. If there is no exception, the mapping runtime transfers an empty context.

■       If you have not selected the Use Exceptions checkbox, the mapping runtime terminates the message mapping if an exception occurs during the RFC lookup.

"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/1ec6ced273493a993a80c2301c03da/content.htm