cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support pack for language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i want to implement the support pack for language. will it have any guide line to execute.

will it have any impact if i run the support pack for Languages while Server is up and running. please suggest.

Regards,

prsaranth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anandkarthik_raja
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Please note that for any support package implementation there should not be any parallel execeution

of tasks by any users.Eventhough its a language implementation which contacins text,forms there are chances that the language related tables might have got the translations while the application wont reflect the translations and may end up in missing texts becuase of user buffers.So its always better that are no activities in the system while you can keep the server up and running.

Keep a backup before performing SP implementation.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

The system can be up and running... Please find the below link on the steps to do the language installation. It is recommended  to perform the activity during low system usage.

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2012/12/10/installation-of-languages-on-sa...

Try to have a backup before performing the upgrade.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

thanks for Quick reply.

i have gone through the sap note:18601 which says as "In a development system, the language import should not be carried out at productive time."

Can you please confirm that if i want to install new language on my productive server, what are the precautions i need to take.

Regards,

prasanth

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

For production server take a full database backup before applying language packs.

No downtime required for this activity. Best practise is to do it at a time when the user load is less.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

i would like to give more details about my issue..

Language (Russian) import has been done during weekend and support pack has not implemented.

Now support pack for that language (Russian) needs to import. is it recommended to run the support pack for language during the business hours of production server.

Do i need to take full database backup for apply support pack for language?

Regards,

prasanth

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Now support pack for that language (Russian) needs to import. is it recommended to run the support pack for language during the business hours of production server.

Answer is NO. Even though there is not direct impact but its always recommended to apply any path in non-business hours for Production systems.

Do i need to take full database backup for apply support pack for language?

As a safegaurd you should take it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori