cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the 'Input Element (Ext.)' flag really for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am studying about the 'Input Element (Ext.)' flag of context nodes. In SAP help, it is said that the flag is used to determine the direction of data flow between the main component's (web dynpro component that uses other component) context and the used component's (web dynpro component that is being used by other component) context. When the flag is set for the context node of the used component, the data flow direction is from the main component's context to the used component's context. In other words, the main component is the source of data. If the flag is not set for the context node of the used component, then the direction is otherwise.

Being curious, I created 2 web dynpro components to prove the statements above. One component was the main component and the other was the used component. The context node of the used component was mapped to the context node of the main component. I also created some UI in both components' view that were bound to each view context. Below are the screen shots of my web dynpro application of my main component. I also attach the screen shot of the component controller context of the main component.

Both of the 'Attribute' InputFields were bound to the 'ATTR' attributes of each view's context node. Furthermore, each view's context node were mapped to each component's context node. Finally, while the interface flag of the used component's context node was activated, both component's context node were mapped. The buttons' action handler methods are empty.

First, I tried to run my web dynpro application while the 'Input Element (Ext.)' flag of the used component context node was activated. The result was every time I typed anything inside the main component's InputField and then I clicked any 'Sync' button then the value of the main component's InputField were copied to the used component's InputField. When I typed anything inside the used component InputField and then I clicked the 'Sync' button, this value was copied to the main component's InputField.

Later, I tried to run my web dynpro application while the 'Input Element (Ext.)' flag of the used component context node was deactivated. When I tried to run my application, the behavior was just like the above: every time I typed anything inside the main component's InputField and then I clicked any 'Sync' button then the value of the main component's InputField were copied to the used component's InputField and when I typed anything inside the used component InputField and then I clicked any 'Sync' button, this value was copied to the main component's InputField.

These fact confuse me. What I expected was, in the case of 'Input Element (Ext.)' flag is deactivated, the value in the main component did not being copied to used component. Also, in the case of 'Input Element (Ext.)' flag is activated, the value in the used component did not being copied to main component. What is the 'Input Element (Ext.)' flag really for?

Regards,

Haris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this page: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/67/cc744176cb127de10000000a155106/content.htm

It explains all.

Refer to the section "Difference Between Normal and External Context Mapping".

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma