Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on MO specific setting Untick

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Guru's,

I want to Untick the box for MO specific for Template since when i am trying to assign the Template which i want to a system  for sys monitoring set up it says you cannot change since it MO specific how can i remove that so that i can assign my template.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

Did you create a custom template?

Maybe you can attach some screenshots to clarify your question.

regards,

David

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes i have created 2 Custom Templates, First one is Assigned to the System and activated now we have want to remove the first custom template and assign/activate 2nd custom template which i am not able to since the MO is checked as Tick.

For some reason i am not able to paste the screen shot it says content cannot be pasted.

Anyways its Solman_Setup tocde - Technical Monitoring - Setup Monitoring (Step 6) - There we assign the Template to example for Tech Instance or Tech host or DB etc. There for Tech Host i have assigned previously with Custom 1 template but now i want to replace that with Custom 2 template which is not possible since MO - Specific Option for that Custom 1 template in Ticked unless that uncheck i am not able to replace it with any other template.

hope you understood and sorry for screen shot its not letting me to attach.

BR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

you can remove your assigned custom templates via workcenter SAP SolMan Configuration -> Technical Monitoring -> Step 5 "Define Scope" -> Select your technical system or technical scenario -> click on the button "Remove Monitoring" after that you can reassign your custom templates.

Hope this solve your issue.

Best regards,

Mike

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

Nope removing monitoring will just disable the Monitoring for that Tech System, but my requirement to change the MO specific Custom and replace with other custom template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to step 5, (Define Scope)

Select involved system

Next go to step 6 (setup monitoring)

Select the line where MO-specific is ticked

Change to edit mode

Click Configure Managed Object

Select Edit mode again

Select expert mode

On the tab "template setting" choose the button "reset all settings"

Save

Close the screen, finish your setup.

Now return to step 5, select managed system

And in step 6 assign your new template.

Should  do the trick.

Let me know the outcome!

Regards,

David

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kroone,

Thanks for the steps, but i already performed the steps as mention above but it did work. Some how MO specific Tick is not going unless that box get un-tick then only it will be possible to assign a new one. But the above steps already performed but same result.

Regards,

Shravan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had exactly the same issue and following the steps D. Kroone provided indeed did the trick. MO-Specific settings were reset and I was able to assign my custom template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that doesn't work (it should, tested it on my own system), I suggest you create a message with SAP.

Let me know the outcome!

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

Yup me too.. but unfortunately it didn't but already raised a call, will surly post here if i find a answer.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Shravan.

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kroone,

SAP has finally come back with a new note for my problem yesterday

this is note which solved my problem thought will share with all about the New Note for troubleshooting MO specific issue.

Note 1850770 - Not able to reset Managed Object-specific settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the outcome!

Cheers,

David

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Great trick David! Works like a charm...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having exactly the same problem after upgrading my solman from SP04 to SP08 but not getting resolved after following the steps above.

have raised OSS and its with development team.

Anyone has any suggestion please let mek now.

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u try implementing the note mentioned in my post which state correct answer. Please see the latest version of the note n implement.

Thanks,

Shravan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

Yes i did applied the latest version of the note but the problem still remains .

I was wondering if this could be problem due to new version templates available after upgrade and i am using the custom templates which are copy of older version ? Just a thought ...

However i am still waiting for the OSS reply .

Dev

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am on SP12 and I see no Configure Managed Objects from Setup Monitoring.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

klaus_grajewski
Explorer
0 Kudos

At least on SP10 (I do not have SP8) this method GET_MEA_FACTORY should be part in the classes (see SE80 =>Class/Interfaces):

CL_AC_MEA

IF_ALRT_CFG_MEA

IF_ATW_ALERT

IF_ATW_EVENT

IF_ATW_METRIC

You could also research your repository, if this method exists at all.

Therefore use transactionSE16 =>Table Name=SEOCOMPO   =>press F7

In the selection screen fill in only:

CMPNAME=GET_MEA_FACTORY

CMPTYPE=1

- all other input fields leave blank.  => press F8 (Execute)

if you do not find it in those classes via SE80 or no results via SE16, than it looks like that you might have missed out or have not implemented successfully/correctly one or another MAI or MEA related note.

So from my point of view, it is really best you do open a customer message and let the experts take a look.

0 Kudos

Hi     Klaus,

I have opened a message to SAP .

I could not find any entry in SE16 as you mentioned.

Regards

Vishal

klaus_grajewski
Explorer
0 Kudos

Are you sure that you have implemented the latest version of Note 18550770 (released 30.01.2014)?

If this note really not fix your issue, you should open up an OSS customer message.

0 Kudos

Yes the latest version. Upon checking there is one Method "GET_MEA_FACTORY" which is unknown in the system and hence the transport request created by implementation of note also cannot be released. I wonder whether our ABAP team needs to do some changes as they said that SAP should check this or SAP will modify the correction which i  think should be the case ideally ?

klaus_grajewski
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is a new note released about this topic.

Please check out Note 1952450 - Short dump when handling metric variants

It helped in several Solution Managers to solve this issue.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Above note 1952450 is for SP9 and above but in my case its SP8.

However i did try what David wrote in his comments above but that didn't help in may case

Below is the screen i get when i try to change template in Step 6 'Set up Monitoring.

Cannot change template assignments to <hostname>; managed-object specifc settings exist

Also SAP Note Note 1850770 - Not able to reset Managed Object-specific settings

has some bug it seems as on applying the note corrections it gives errors w.r.t inactive objects which our development team said that needs to be checked with SAP regarding the Note correction.

I tried applying this note correction in our DEV SOLMAN first so that i could move it to PRD later via transport.

Any help will be great.

Regards

Vishal Bhat