cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications in IdM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am at begginer level as far as SAP NW IdM is concerned. I have been working on NW AS Java. Can you please let me know how do we set mail alerts for changes made in Netweaver Identity Management?

Thanks

Anudeep KM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anudeep,

I'd suggest starting here. This site is specific to NW IDM 7.2.  You might also want to look into the SAP IDM RDS

One of the landscape documents talks about the notification templates.

Matt

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anudeep,

As Matt suggested, its all listed out in the Landscape configuration document.

You would have to links the Notification tasks which come in the SAP Provisioning Framework for the Attribute "MX_TRIGGER_NOTIFICATION". Also, you would be able to see a repository called "Notification". Look at the constants inside it and modify the values like SMTP Host, port etc.

Cheers,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shanmugham,

Thanks for the reply. I find the attribute under the section 4.3.3 in this document.

I guess, I find the attribute mentioned by you is in ABAP environment. But I work on AS Java environment.

• Is it applicable for my scenario too? If yes, can you pls let me know the steps.
  • In AS java, http:<servername>:<port>/useradmin I find a configuration Button, where I could see a TAB such as notification e-mails. Does this serve my purpose?

Thanks

Anudeep KM

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anudeep,

The attribute "MX_TRIGGER_NOTIFICATION" is not related to AS ABAP or JAVA. You should be able to locate it in under " Identity Store Schema" . This attribute is configured to check for events on fields within the IdM objects and send out emails.

The link In AS java, http:<servername>:<port>/useradmin is used to configure the Java user management engine (UME) to notify users and administrators about specific events by e-mail. I don't think this is related to IdM and anyone who just uses a AS Java system can use this feature for notifications. If you look in this link, you can see the events which can be used to raise emails.

Cheers,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got a hold of it. Thanks a lot Shanmugham.

Regards

Anudeep KM

Answers (0)