cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Task Result Actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still trying to configure the SAP "Provisioning Framework" included in IDM.

I think I've not defined correctly somes tasks and I don't know which one to chose, could you help me ?

In the reposiroty, for MX_PERSON, is th provisioning Task correct ?

Are the Event Tasks of my repository correct for Assignment, Validate, Privilege ?

In the Web Enable Tasks do I have to set "Result Handling" ?

Which one do I have to use ?

In the task "Provisioning" do I have to set result handling too ?

Thanks for you help.

Nicolas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll answer to myself.

I haven't set Tasks at that level but in my IDs - Entry Type - MX_Person.

Creating user works fine (without other information than name, for the moment).

But when I try to modify info I get this error message.

What is wrong now ?

Thanks for your help.

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using the Provisioning Framework which you seem to be doing then you should have no events on entry types. Entry type and attribute events are not recommended at all in any case, so avoid as far as possible.

The provisining framework initial load jobs creates Repository privileges that when assigned to a user will provision the account to the backend system(s) using the tasks defined on the repository definition. By adding entrytype events you will break this, badly, and create a very inefficient solution. Also, how would you go on to add more ABAP or other systems in any sensible way?

I think the document  named "Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes: Technical Overview" and a few others outline how to do this properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Per,

You are right, it's a non sense to set the tasks as I did, but I had no choice it did not work on another way.

I maybe have to do the initial load again, after a reseting Delta.

Any advice ?

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do from the screenshots. But do you have the Provisioning Framework working correctly? If so it should trigger updates to your target systems automatically on changes done to a user/privilege/role object if the entry and the attribute is of relevance to the target system(s) you have defined. You should not need to configure any additional entry or task events to accomplish that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Per,

I followed your advice, I've deleted all my Provisioning Framework and I'll start the configuration again.

I plan to do :

- Reset SQL queue

- Reset IS

- Initial Load

I would like to empty the Identity Store, do you think it's usefull ?

I'll use the same IDs but I'm wondering if the Initial Load will erase or modify or even don't touch the data.

Am I going in the right direction ?

Nicolas.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Thanks everybody for you answers, it really helped me to understand my mistakes.

As I said I started back from scratch and I noticed that some automatic links where removed to my multiple tests.

Now the provisioning almost works as expected, I still have one question but I will write a new discussion to avoid confusion.

Nicolas.

ivan_petrov
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

You should read more about PRIV:<repository_name>:ONLY and PRIV:SYSTEM:<repository_name> privileges and also how to setup a repository provisioning and hook tasks.

The question is too complex to be explained with a simple answer.

But as a start you should look here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwidmic72/en/mc/dse_provisioning.htm

Then if you have more simple questions post them here.

Best Regards,

Ivan