Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location Determination

former_member301603
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Shipping condition(01)+Loading Group(01)+Plant(LRB1) = Shipping Point (LRB1) - At Sales Order OVL2

Shipping Point(LRB1)+Plant(LRB1)+Storage Condition(01) = Storage Location (RTY1)- At Delivery OVL3

Here, my requirement I will use same set of customers and same set of material and also

will use same plant and shipping point as mentioned above.

But, would like to determine another storage location RTY2 at delivery.

I think, it may not be possible with the configuration either in OVL2 or OVL3, please

let me know any possibility to achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a zee table in line with OVL3 where you maintain the required storage locations and via USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_LIPS in program MV50AFZ1, you can fetch the required storage location.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member301603
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

Thanks a lot for your positive response.

Hope some validation needs to be there based on some parameters in order to determine either storage location RTY1 or RTY2 at delivery.

When every set of data is same, how can I achieve this !!

Could you please elaborate more on this to get a solution ....

Thanks in advance.....

Regards

Rajesh

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rejesh,

Could you please help us to understand in which scenario your client wants RTY1 and which scenario they want RTY2. If client is asking for different locations for the same delivery then there should be a business reason.

If we get that logic, then answer is in our hands.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member301603
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kesari

Thanks for your contribution. Customer want to sell same material to same set of customers.

If stock is from RTY1 and RTY2, storage location at delivery has to be RTY1 and RTY2 respectively.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When every set of data is same, how can I achieve this !!

There should be some logic in Business process in such circumstances and that needs to be written by way of coding in the exit which I already suggested.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chekc if this helps you.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1823224

You have to have atleast one logic to get this done.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member301603
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

Thanks for your help.

Requirement from customer is to sell through storage location RTY1 or RTY2 is based on stock.

Example:

If stock is available at storage loc RTY1, storage loc at delivery has to be RTY1.

If stock is available at storage loc RTY2, storage loc at delivery has to be RTY2.

So, shall I suggest the code to check stock for the particular material, if its RTY1 it will be RTY1 at delivery (LIPS-LGORT)

if stock is in RTY2,it will be RTY2 at delivery (LIPS-LGORT).

Should I use Z table or can assign directly to LIPS table.

And, I should remove the existing configuration for storage location RTY1 at OVL3 as we are going implement user exit, can you please confirm.

Please suggest the feasibility of achieving this.

Regards

Rajesh