Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic approval of User Request

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was going through this blog on GRC 5.3. Wonder if this can be achieved on GRC 10. I want an approval to happen only if there is a violation found. For all other requests where there is no issue, I want the request to get approved automatically.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You can define this criteria at Initiator Level.

Create 2 workflow path

WFPATH1 -> No stages Defined (this will go for automatic Provisioning)

WFPATH2 -> Stages defined (executed when SOD violations occur.)

What you have to do is:

In the initiator Function module you can put a condition to check for sod violations.

If no violations are found then output result should be for WFPATH1 else WFPATH2.

Let me know if you need any furtyher information on this.

Regards,

Khush Bafna.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Khush,

Could you elaborate how I can put a condition to check for SoD in the function module ?

Below is how the standard looks like.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Asuming that you are comfortable for making changes at code level in the Function Module based Initiator.

you can do the following changes.

In class CL_GRAC_SOD_RISK_ANALYSIS there is a method for Risk Analysis (RISK_ANALYSIS)

which does the risk analysis. so you can call this method in your initiator and check for the risk violations that are exported through various optional .

based on the result value you can decide which Rule Result has to be output through Function Module.

Regards,

Khush Bafna.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Khush,

I am familiar with Function Module. What is not very clear is the understanding of IMPORT/EXPORT and how the results are bound to the Initiator rule.

I was looking at the documentation and it stated, using the standard program, it can generate a Function Module with a sample code as below. I had no clue what the Import/Export parameters meant and how the result flow back to MSMP.

Based on your reply, I think, I have to call CL_GRAC_SOD_RISK_ANALYSIS-RISK_ANALYSIS within this sample code section.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Yes you are correct .

in order to further understand how the function module behaves and the data that different import and export parameters have you can put a breakpoint and debug it.

that way youwill know the exact minimum parameters that you need to call in function module .

Let me know if you still need any help on this.

Regards,

Khush Bafna.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks mate

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khush,

I know this thread is closed, but I would still like to know if this can be done alternatively using BRF+ ?

Thanks,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

At the time of submission we need to find out whether request has SOD violations or not, and that is not possible through a BRF+ .

So you got to implement this via a function module.

Regards,

Khush bafna.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs. Much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am trying to do what is described in this thread, and urgently need some help.  You mentioned that it is possible to debug the function module to see what parameters are required.  I can't seem to be able to debug as I the initiator function module is called from the web dynpro and executed as an RFC (I think?). Do you know what parameters I would need to pass to the RISK_ANALYSIS method? I have been fighting with this for days now, and am now desperate for any help you might be able to offer!

Kind regards,

Brenda.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khush,

Hope you are keeping well. Recently I have been trying to create a initiator rule where by it checks for items containing SoD violations. Whilst Amanjit's blog () does achieve this to a certain degree, the solution does not discriminate per individual line item, instead it looks for "atleast 1" violating item and the whole request is sent off to the specific path for approval.

I have tried to find out more about the "GRAC_INITIATOR_SOD_VIOLATIONS" Function Module, but found very little information on line. I am wondering if you may have more information about this FM or alternatively be able to explain with some more detail as to how your solution descrubed in this forum works. Is it able to scrutinise each line item individually?

Would really  appreciate some experienced advice from you (and others)

Look forward to the responses.

Answers (0)