cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to configure characteristics in Document type (SAP-DMS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am new to DMS. My client need separate code for different sites like site1, site2,site3 etc., the same has to be configured in Z document type which is in 017 class type. pl help me in configuring the various characteristics in the document type.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthilnathan,

1. Create the class first with class type 017. use transaction CL01, CL02.

e.g class - MD_ TECHNICAL

2. Create the characteristics using transaction CT04. Characteristic can have many value formats like numerical, date, character etc. Also it can have single value and multiple value. In restriction tab you can restrict this characteristics to one class on to multiple class which you desire. You can maintain he description of characteristics in various languages. You can make some characteristics mandatory.

e.g Characteristics 1. Drawing Size :  value A3,A4, A0 etc, 2, Drawing type: Layout, Mechanical, electrical, automation etc. 3. Vendor drawing number - 1234ABCD. 4. Vendor - Sulzer , etc.

Assing above characteristics to class MD_TECHNICAL

3. In DMS in SPRO do the configuration to assing this class to document type DRW

4. When you create DIR with document type DRW, system will ask to fill values for characteristics as mentioned in point 2.

5. You can search drawing based in class and characteristics values in cv04n.

6. Also there are various good search available for objects i.e. assing to vendor, drawing type, etc. see transaction CL6B, CL20N, CL6BN , CL30, CL30N etc.

Above way is one such example to use class, characterizes etc in SAP.

Hope the above steps help.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Deepak.. will work on it and see if this suits my issue

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Hope your issue is resolved. Request you to close the thread.

Regards,

Deepak Kori