cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Re-assign a Business System to a new Technical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The business system in the SLD is currently linked to a manually created Technical system with type "Other".

I am trying to assign the existing business system to a newly Technical System for an external system (type "Other" as well with subtype 'Unspecific Application System') which was imported using the SLD agent. However, when I clicked the Change link in the business system to change the TS, the new Technical system is not showing in the list for selection.

Only TS that are manually created are being shown.

Is this a limitation of the SLD? We are using PI 7.1 EHP1. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenny,

Delete exisiting business system & try to create new technical system.

Then assign technical system to it BS. Reimport it ID.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for answering. However, I am trying to avoid deleting the existing business system because there are a lot of objects in the ID that are using that BS. If I delete the business system, should I delete and existing objects as well and recreate?

Regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenny,

In ID, the BS takes the reference from SLD. If you delete the exisiting BS & create a new BS with the same name & reimport it, it would make a difference.

Another option you can try while selecting TS in BS, remoe all the filters so that all the technical systems should be there in the list where you can select your own created TS,

Regards,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenny,

In ID, the BS takes the reference from SLD. If you delete the exisiting BS & create a new BS with the same name & reimport it, it would make a difference.

Another option you can try while selecting TS in BS, remoe all the filters so that all the technical systems should be there in the list where you can select your own created TS,

Regards,
Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Since the new BS with the same name will have a difference object ID, it will be treated by the system as a different object. So this is not a good option as I would need to copy all the objects and point to the new BS.

Unfortunately, there is no filter we can remove to show all technical system. When I click on the Change link under the Integration tab of the business system, it is only showing the list of TS that were manually created in the SLD.

Is there other way to point to my BS to the TS imported thru SLD agent? If this is a limitation of the SLD, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jenny