cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA POC Info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our Company has decided to try out SAP HANA POC .

I'm trying to find out as much info as possible .

My questions are

1)There are so many SAP Implementing Partners for HANA POC will they do in Amazon  or some where else

2)If we decide to go with SAP for HANA POC , will they do it on Amazon Cloud Service or some where else

If your suggestion is for Amazon is there some thing we need to look out for any Size Specifications would be appreciated

Thanks

Swathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Swathi,

Please provide few additional details on  your POC efforts so that I guide you better:

1 -  What are the main objectives of your POC? stress testing HANA capabilities with high volume data or just to get a feel for the tool features and functionality?

2 - Are you having SAP BW and SAP ECC that you wish to integrated into your POC scenarios or would you be using text files as mentioned above. If text files are only used - then do you have internal HANA skills to facilitate the POC efforts? Learning HANA and completing a POC at the same time will be a time consuming effort

If text files are only going to be used in your POC - then AWS cloud instance should be sufficient to complete your POC assuming that you want to get a feel for functionality.

However, if you wish to do a stress test - then I would suggest you to contact one of the vendors (IBM / Hitachi / Fujitsu, etc..) of your choice to gain access to a performance tuned HANA server.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rama Shankar for the info.

We are having just SAP ECC , our plan is to have HANA on ECC (HANA as Secondary Database)

Just to Make sure what i understood is

1)AWS Cloud Instance - Using AWS we can just upload the flat files to build our POC Scenario

so we don't have access to SAP BODS and SLT

2)If we want SLT and BODS , then we have to go for Vendors like IBM etc for accessing a performance tuned HANA Server

We are also thinking of a licensed implementation partner to do a POC - Just to make sure my self -They said they will do it on a Offsite SAP HANA Host - In this case they can acess to our ECC System either by SLT or BODS  or its agains load data from files.

Our aim is to look at the Hana Functionality - How real time info flows from SAP ECC system to End Report- Thats the reason why i keeping about SLT and our users want a business case that they are familiar with

Thanks again

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends. Amazon is a viable option, if your scenario doesn't demand real time connection to any local systems. Offline query demos (where you just want to assess query or full load times from a .csv for example) can run there without any issues.

But depending on who is the company running the POC, they might have their own dedicated HANA systems to use. For example, SAP has a team called "HANA Solution Center" that provides HANA landscapes ran by our Presales team.

Finally, some particular scenarios (usually the ones which involve DB migrations, such as BW on HANA or Suite on HANA) will probably demand a on premise HANA installation at your own datacenter. In such cases, usually we involve a HW partner that will be able to provide the appliance for the POC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I have follow question

1)But depending on who is the company running the POC, they might have their own dedicated HANA systems to use. For example, SAP has a team called "HANA Solution Center" that provides HANA landscapes ran by our Presales team-

In this case can we  load Our Company Specific Data Using SLT or BODS and check for Real Time Data Replication Using SLT

2)Amazon is a viable option, if your scenario doesn't demand real time connection to any local systems. Offline query demos (where you just want to assess query or full load times from a .csv for example) can run there without any issues

In this case we have to preload data from text or xls . They is no way we can buid a SLT or BODS Connection to our landscape TEST BOX

Thanks