cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error by setup RFC Interface with non SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I try to setup an RFC -> SAP PI Connection (on SAP NetWeaver PI 7.11), wherby the RFC Call is comming from a Non SAP System.

Among the SAP HowTo: Connect non-SAP RFCPrograms with SAP Netweaver Exchange Infrastructure I used the Blog: Configuring the Sender RFC Adapter - step by step of Michal Krawczyk http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapte... to setup the interface.

Normally the PI system should create a registered server as soon the communication channel is activated but it will not be done. I get an error
message that not allowed to register the tp.

I checked diffrent notes, and a lot of SDN discussions but I did not find any hint how to solve that issue.

I would be glad about any hint that can help to solve my problem.

cheers,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, that's a configuration problem. The problem might either be the configuration of your gateway or the RFC-Sender.

You're trying to connect the registered server program  SAP_SQLP from localhost.localdomain to your gateway sapgw00

I guess, your application server / gateway name is wrong. Maybe it cannot work with localhost.

By the way, you're right, that the receiver system (PI) creates registers the program-id in the gateway.

And of course, this has to work in the first step.

When the program is registered, the Sender system has to call the same program-id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko,

I try to register the registered server program SAP_SQLP at my localhost.localdomain. localhost.localdomain has not been used by myself...I entered the IP of my PI system.

That means I want to register it within the ABAP Gateway of my Dual Stack PI 7.11 PI. So that the request of my Non-SAP Application will be routet from the Gateway to the Adapte Engine.

I did it like in the described HOW-To shown but I am not able to figure out what I did wrong.

• It should be possible resp. it will be a must that I use the Gateway of my PI...or be I am wrong?
  • Would it be possible that is an access right issue?

cheers,

Stefan

tobiasberneck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

not the PI CC is creating the registered server program! The non-SAP system has to register with this program ID at the gateway. As soon as the remote system has registered at the gateway, you can start your channel without any error.

Kind regards,

Tobi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobi,

so the registered server will be created at the first connection from Type R by non-sap application. Or has there to be a special "Registration" call from the Non-SAP application?

cheer,

Stefan

tobiasberneck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

sorry I did not read carefully enough you description. Sorry! Only in case of a non sap receiver the non sap system has to register the server program.

Try to register with hostname locahost instead of the IP and make sure, that you are using instance ID 00. If you are using another instance ID change the value for the gateway accordingly (e.g. sapgw02).

Please check wether note 1069911 is solving your issue. Maybe the access to the gateway was restricted.

Kind regards,

Tobi.