cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Contract Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Functional Experts,

I have a supplier with multiple open central contracts in SRM (7.02) - but each of them belong to only one purchasing org/group (Semantically -  it is a operational contract - but all the items defaulted to only one P.Gr and P.Org). A RFx was published and the quotations received from multiple suppliers. After evaluation - business would like to either open a new contract with the same old supplier for the same P.Gr/P.Org & Product Category in SRM or update the existing contract. Opening a new contract is not a issue and this is what we have been doing in the past - but the result is just that too many contracts for the same product category, supplier - leading to some confusions in ERP system at the time of PR creation. We are now left with the choice of going to updating the existing contract based on the awarded response. Please advice how do I update the existing contract at the time of awarding the quotation?

Your functional help or procedure to do this in the SAP standard system will help. I know that, the Contract Update is possible with SRM 701 and above - as I believe I have read this in the SAP Service Market Place document.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

First and foremost you need to create an Rfx from the existing contract A.After a response is created/approved and ready to create/update contract, select the response number from the list of responses for the rfx and click on Contract mass update . A GAF will open, navigate to step 2 and select all the parameters that you want to update and then navigate to step 3 and you will see contract A in the list. Select the contract A and click on the simulation button.( the simulation button will be available only if there is any similarity between the contract and response , if there are multiple responses/contracts in the system against a vendor ( which is the case in dev , as we create a lot of test data) it will not appear) so you might want to test this for a newly created vendor.

Once you simulate and if its successful then you can click on complete and the existing contract will get updated with the new item/items from the response.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Naveen