cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver AS Trial - ABAP Access Key

Former Member

Good Morning,

I downloaded the latest Netweaver AS trial. Now, everytime I go to create ABAP program it asks for key.

Where can I get that key?

Many people are suggesting to talk to Basis administration or go to SAP service marketplace. Please note this setup is on home based lab and I dont have access service marketplace.

Please help.

Angad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still a learner so once again I read the guide which came with this trial version.

It says "Purpose of the BCUSER is to develop applications and maintain the system. If you create or modify SAP objects within the customer namespace (starting with Y or Z), you need to enter the developer key for this user: 29671482393151224771 (Remark: valid after you installed the licensekey. If your system type is "initial" enter: 07222097363139263004). Enter when prompted. (Remark: This is not an access keys to modify SAP objects. Custom development namespace is Z* or Y*)."

First, I tried second access key as my system was set to "initial" but it didn't work. Later, for just curiosity I also tried first access key and it also didn't work. Eventually, I found the reason. I was supposed to create custom development program with namespace Z* and Y*. I tried to create a program with name Z_Test and it worked.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Angad Singh

Yes With BCUSER you should create customized programs with name Z*. Also you will not be able to edit standard sap program as per my knowledge in trial edition.

regards

alen